PDA

View Full Version : Stealth Cams.

TGF
06-05-2006, 08:34 PM
Anyone have any preferance? I'm looking at buying one if I can convince the wife to part with some $$$$. Want to spend up to 400$. I heard digital is the way to go. Thanks in advance for your help;)

Ozone
06-05-2006, 09:11 PM
Digital are the way to only way to go (bears really like the taste of film). Check out my gallery, it has a few pics from my Woodlands in it.
Also check this link from past conversations

http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=4819

hope this helps

TGF
06-06-2006, 09:43 AM
Thanks for the help Ozone. I tried cruising around last night but I guess I was a little tired and missed that. Cheers
Terry

TGF
06-11-2006, 10:45 PM
I'm trying to pattern elk movement along a trail by my remote cabin. Wondering if a flash is such a good idea on spooky animal? Any comments or help?

Ozone
06-15-2006, 06:28 AM
I find flash does not scare animals at all. For elk i have pics of the same cow and calf nite after nite. For deer I once got 20 pics of a deer and twin fawns still in spots and they could have cared less. There are companys that sell infared cameras as well but the picture quality from the ones I have seen just arent as good.

TGF
06-15-2006, 05:36 PM
Thanks ozone. I think I'm not really looking for pic quality, just confirmation that its an elk that went by and what time they did. I'm just looking to pattern their movement times (if possible). Someone mentioned instead of camera have a trail timer. But that only records one animal then has to be reset.
However after doing some research, I'm impressed with some of the units and quality of pics.