PDA

View Full Version : Nanaimo Summer classic reminder

timberhunter
06-03-2006, 07:46 PM
Just a reminder to all about the Nanaimo summer classic on June 24-25.

We've got lots of stuff planned, it will be a 30 animal course. With a potluck dinner saturday night, followed by some fun shoots. Sunday will be another round of the 30 animals.

We're working hard to get an even better prize table for this shoot:-)

So come on out and enjoy the weekend, and be sure to bring the whole family shooting. Camping is available on site.

If anyone needs info or a map please Pm me and I will gladly help.

Marc

oldtimer
06-04-2006, 05:48 AM
Marc. plan on travelling from the North country to be there. Looking forward to it. If you know anybody that is looking for someone to shoot with let me know. Mike

Bow Walker
06-05-2006, 07:46 AM
Mike - look for Bowsitter and his son 10X'er. They will welcome you. If I get there we'll make a team out of it.

Dan.

timberhunter
06-07-2006, 08:52 PM
Mike

We'll be watching for ya. I'm sure there will be lots of oportunity to join many groups. What type of equipment do you shoot?.

Marc

oldtimer
06-08-2006, 10:20 AM
My target bow is a Diamond rapture. It is a Bow Tech. I shoot fat shafts with nice cresting that WillyQ does. The wife will be with me and she just started shooting a Hoyt rintek , not sure if she will be shooting or not.
My bow has a trophy taker drop away and I use a dead-nutz sight box. Shooting about 295fps right now.
Look for a 2005 ford super cab with a tonneau cover ( all grey )
I am fairly tall and the wife is a short blonde. I will be wearing my HBC hat. I will ask for you guys when I register. Can you register Friday nite and practice as well... Mike

timberhunter
06-08-2006, 09:35 PM
Registration will be held saturday morning. But I'm sure the target bags will be open for practice friday. Friday is going to be our set up day, we'll be starting about 9:00 am.

Marc

oldtimer
06-14-2006, 09:25 AM
Can you get to Harewood road from the mid-island hiway ?? save driving thru nanaimo, i will be coming from Parksville. I have " streets and trips " on my puter so I have a good idea where the shoot is ,just need to know if there is an exit at Harewood. Mike

timberhunter
06-14-2006, 03:39 PM
Mike

Send me your email address, and I'll draw a little map, scan it, then send it to you.

There will be 3-D signs at the appropriate turn offs. You do not need to drive through nanaimo, taking the parkway is the easiest. Or if you are coming down friday I can meet you somewhere along the way and guide you right into the club :)

Marc

oldtimer
06-14-2006, 06:31 PM
timberhunter. e-mail is michaelwright@shaw.ca no secrets here. Wanna practice Friday nite and shoot with anybody on Saturday. Mike

BowSitter
06-14-2006, 10:24 PM
Mike, you are more than welcome to shoot with BowWalker and myself...Ron

oldtimer
06-15-2006, 08:57 AM
Sounds great guys !! The missus and I are looking forward to it. See you sometime friday afternoon or early evening or Saturday morning for sure. Mike
P.S. What are the mosquitoes like down there ????

BowSitter
06-15-2006, 04:56 PM
Quite friendly actually, you will love them!;-)
couldn't resist. They are not at all bad or big.

oldtimer
06-15-2006, 07:01 PM
Marc and Dan will there be people around on the Friday afternoon early. Like maybe 2:00 Mike

timberhunter
06-15-2006, 09:36 PM
There shuld be. We'll be starting to set up around 9:00am I figure. And that will go till noon or after for sure.

Marc

Bow Walker
06-16-2006, 09:29 AM
If by Dan, you mean me........I am going to go to work early on Sat. morning to bake off the day's product and then head up to Nanaimo from Vict. so I won't be there until registration time or just before.

I will be looking for HBC hats though!!

Dan.

timberhunter
06-17-2006, 07:18 AM
Mike

I'll be there about that time setting up my wall tent for another fellow to stay in. Look for me around there. The map will be on the way asap this morning.

Marc

oldtimer
06-17-2006, 11:05 AM
I will check my mail when I get home from work Thanks Marc.
Mike

oldtimer
06-17-2006, 06:52 PM
Got the map buddy, thanks a lot should be able to find it fine. Will be pokin around sometime around 2 on friday I hope to see what is going on and maybe practice. Mike

BowSitter
06-20-2006, 05:03 PM
Looking forward to this shoot because the weatherman is supposed to co-operate this weekend. Hope to see a whole lot of you there..:D