PDA

View Full Version : Making me miss my Lab

CHilko21
05-30-2006, 10:23 AM
This is kind of an odd post for this site, but I'm gonna do it anyways, cause it is about dogs. Right now I'm house sitting at my sister's place, and the job also entails babysitting my sister's boyfriend goofy little dog. I cannot believe a grown man owns this dog. He's little, like we're talking smaller than the cat here, white, yappy and fluffy, and named Cash, after Johnny....I think the man in black would be rolling in his grave if he found out about this dog. He's a shiz-tu poodle cross, and at least now I know to NEVER EVER get a little dog. I miss my lab at home :icon_frow. Will be getting a border collie or an aussie shepard, not a hunter I know, but I need a good cattle dog for work.

youngfellla
05-30-2006, 10:54 AM
I gotta agree, I don't like yappy little dogs either. Might as well get a cat, at least they kill mice. I've got two wolf/husky cross males, Big dogs. I couldn't imagine owning a little mini-mutt.:-D And I especially wouldn't name it after Johnny Cash!:lol:

bruno
05-30-2006, 11:55 AM
I gotta agree, I don't like yappy little dogs either. Might as well get a cat, at least they kill mice. I've got two wolf/husky cross males, Big dogs. I couldn't imagine owning a little mini-mutt.:-D And I especially wouldn't name it after Johnny Cash!:lol:

My daughters dog is a Malti-poo 8 lbs. He does catch mice and he has flushed out more grouse and rabbits than I can count. Also it doesn't take a very big shovel to scoop the poop.:-)
His name is "ROCKY". My daughter is 9 and she loves her little guy.

Kirby
05-30-2006, 01:08 PM
Will be getting a border collie or an aussie shepard, not a hunter I know, but I need a good cattle dog for work.

Don't forget blue heelers. I acutally prefer collie sized dogs over 80-90 pound dogs, easier to deal with, cheaper to feed, and I find they have better health in the long run, to many chronic problems with the big breeds. My current dog is about the size of a small collie, and she will go all day in the field at work, and small enought to have in an apartment.

Kirby

Fred
05-30-2006, 02:54 PM
Chilko, we call them little mutts "slipper dogs". When you get good and POed at them and boot them from behind, you end up wearing them like a slipper! :wink: Fred

brotherjack
05-30-2006, 08:15 PM
I love German Shepherds myself; not the show dogs, but the great big oversized working dog lines (long haired preferably). The working dog lines are a nice calm temperament, and if well bred, will live to see 12 to 16 years of age.

As long as we're talking about our favourite dogs, here's a pic of my youngin and my old man playing a high speed game of 'gimmie that' with a basketball:

http://xjack.org/hunting/gimmie-the-ball.jpg

And one of my youngin when he was about 12 weeks old:

http://xjack.org/hunting/sam-12weeks.jpg