PDA

View Full Version : Mule tail or White deer?

Iron-Head
05-29-2006, 06:40 PM
Here's an interesting pic for ya' I found this one on a Texas* guiding site they where saying how good there world class white tail hunting is?
Looks to me like a muley with a whitey's head gear.

Marc
05-29-2006, 06:46 PM
Mule Deer has a bigger white ass. The color of the animal could just be the way the picture was edited. The rack is defanitely Whitetail.

huntwriter
05-29-2006, 06:51 PM
looking at it, this is definitely a white-tail deer but is is not a Texas deer.
This looks more like a Mid-Western (Illinois, Kansas, that area) deer. Texas white-tails are usually more slender, with longer legs and narrow high atler tines. Mid-Wstern whitetails are like this one stocky, heavy muscled with shorter tines and thick mass, a bit like a Saskatchewan deer but lighter in colour with shorter hair.

Nice buck though, I would be happy to have him. :D

bigwhiteys
05-29-2006, 06:59 PM
Symon,

I could be wrong but to me this picture looks like it was doctored up using photoshop or a similar graphics editing program. If you look closely at the antlers and the tail you can tell.

Happy Hunting!
Carl

talver
05-29-2006, 07:11 PM
I agree with bigwhiteys comment

30-06
05-29-2006, 07:19 PM
yah that lokos photoshopped alright

Iron-Head
05-29-2006, 07:20 PM
Thats what I am saying to me it looks like some one wasnt happy with the body size of the animal he took so he photo shopped the animals antlers on to a bigger body'
My 2 cents , It doesnt look right Even if it is a wite tail I never seen one with that back tail before?:|

Iron-Head
05-29-2006, 07:23 PM
I agree 100% with the photo shop comments what I am really curios about is why would he purposely be making "hybrid" deer to post on his presentation for a guiding company:roll:.
Symon

huntwriter
05-29-2006, 07:44 PM
I agree 100% with the photo shop comments what I am really curios about is why would he purposely be making "hybrid" deer to post on his presentation for a guiding company:roll:.
Symon

Because big bucks attract clients.:wink:

I showed the picture to my wife, a professional photographer and graphic designer, and she said that it is hard to tell from the size of the picture that it had been "assembled". But that it is obvious that it had been touched up with colour filters and locally "smudged" on places. She also tells me that this is very common with all photographs used for advertising. Even she will "play" around with perfect exposed and high quality photos in Photoshop until they are "artistic" just right.

Iron-Head
05-29-2006, 07:54 PM
Hmm yeah I guess so. You'd think that them being a hunting out fitter that there clients would know there critters and in turn get some scolding from a few people on a doctored pic'. Any ways thanks for your post
Symon.

Brambles
05-31-2006, 07:17 PM
Yup doesn't look right to me. Either way thats not a mulie tail either.