PDA

View Full Version : I won a bow

sealevel
05-28-2006, 07:21 PM
today wraped up our 3d shoot the top prize was a browning mirage and i won it:grin: :grin:

JohnS
05-28-2006, 07:23 PM
Congrats!!!! good Show!

swamper
05-28-2006, 07:28 PM
Congrats Merv. Always nice to go home with a great door prize. No doubt you shot well too.

Chris

CHilko21
05-28-2006, 07:54 PM
Nice stuff

bsa30-06
05-28-2006, 08:01 PM
Congrats on the new bow.

sealevel
05-28-2006, 08:08 PM
I think it will be for sale i can`t shoot 3 bows

000buck
05-28-2006, 08:33 PM
Congrats good for you For sale or not its an achievement,

Fred
05-29-2006, 12:58 AM
How about donating it to the club for a Youth Prize or something like. Fred

Iron-Head
05-29-2006, 08:43 AM
If you think your going to sell it please PM me with some more info on it, Thanks Symon.
p.s. would it be possible to get some pictures of it.?

oldtimer
05-29-2006, 09:31 AM
Congrats merv you lucky stiff !!
I heard the shoot had a low turn out and one side was worse than the Merritt shoot. Some people saying they won't go back. Any comments on that. Mike

sealevel
05-29-2006, 12:11 PM
Ya there was not a good turn out rained the one side wasn`t good mostly cause the rain the second day when it dried i though it was good. That course was mine doing . a lot of work went into it so if people boycote a event cause they didn`t like one course then archery will die a slow death.

oldtimer
05-29-2006, 01:17 PM
That's true I guess, can't please everybody. As long as shoots aren't endurance tests and the younguns can navigate them as well as us old farts should be OK. Mike

willyqbc
05-29-2006, 01:31 PM
Unfortunately the turnout is indicative of what we have seen everywhere this year. I have been to a couple shoots who's numbers held from last year, the rest have declined, some signifigantly. Vanderhoof only had 38 shooters a few weeks ago.

As far as the one side goes (the cliff), i think that the complaints have always been with the difficulty of the walk on the younger and older archers. Attempts were made to help this by cutting across the cliff face about 3/4 to the top, unfortunatley I think the terrain won that battle and it almost would have been easier to make the final surge to the top. I don't know that given the terrain the walk can be made easier any where on the face of that hill, but i don't know the terrain that well. Being a new trail I think it could have been marked a little better as we got off track a few times, once the trail gets more established it will be easier to follow I think. All shots were tough (almost extreme at times) but generally fair. There was a safety concern on one shot that stands out, #19 mule deer on the B side you ended up walking straight away and up behind the target for quite a ways after retrieving the arrows, I think a sign at the stake instructing the next group to wait for the "all clear" would have helped this target. These are not meant as a slam in any way on the Salmon arm club....just one archers opinion on a few improvements that could be made.

Chris

sealevel
05-29-2006, 02:00 PM
Its really hard to please everyone lots of people come for the up and down shots it impossible to make hill shots with out haveing to walk up and down those same hills. The monsoons the 3days before didn`t help the trail. And for all the tough shots there was some pretty good rounds even from the average shooters. And willy that was a bad shot on 19 but i needed that pointed out to me walking by myself i didn`t see it. JMO but if those hills bothererd anyone you better not go to the BCs in abbotsferd cause that whole range is on a 70% hillside.

sammy99
05-30-2006, 01:26 PM
sealevel:

Thanks for the tip on the hotel. It was very clean and the owner was super friendly, along with only being 65 dollars a night. You can't beat that. Congrats on your new bow. Pretty decent prize. Great shoot again this year, but if Chris and I want to keep attending, we will have to do so without our kids, as they would not make the hike on the tough side. I know it is hard to please everyone, but when our group usually consists of a 60 year old Papa, a Gramma, Chris and I and then two kids under the age of 8, your shoot is a bit much for two thirds of our group. Again, congrats on the bow, thanks for the hotel info and hope to see you at the provincials.

Sam

Canuck2
05-30-2006, 03:36 PM
I'm really disappointed I didn't get to Salmon Arm this year. Unfortunately, work got in the way, the kind of bother I thought I had all behind me now. In addition to my weekday job, I've been working weekends on a mining project in the north Okanagan. This past weekend was an infrequent break from that and I really needed to stay home so I could recognise my wife again.:???:

As for the hill that has been difficult in the past, I agree it was tough on some folks, especially the young and ancient. Being a mere 60, I feel compelled to point out that the mining property I've been on has mostly 150 degree slopes and the Salmon Arm course is a pussy cat in comparison.;-) :biggrin:

Chris, Sammi, et al, I was looking forward to hooking up with you. Next time.

BTW, I have only made it to a single 3D event this year. It hasn't been for lack of desire, just no time. Perhaps many of the folks who haven't attended shoots this year are in the same boat; I'm aiming to change my schedule considerably next year.