PDA

View Full Version : Good WebSite To Buy Guns

30-06
05-28-2006, 06:04 PM
Im Looing for a new gun for the up coming hunting season soo im wondering of a good place to buy guns in B.C

BCLongshot
05-28-2006, 06:28 PM
I've purchased no guns in BC but 2 from Wholesale and 1 from LeBaron for what it's worth.

kutenay
05-28-2006, 06:36 PM
I just ordered a Kimber 8400 Montana in .300WSM from Bashaw Sports in Alberta and I was VERY impressed with their service over the phone from Vancouver. I have bought a LOT of guns over the years and found these guys just excellent to deal with; I am probably going to buy a Swarovski A-line 3x9 scope for this rifle from them, due to their courtesy and excellent pricing.

I prefer to deal with people who take my business seriously and treat me like a person, not just a source of $$$$$. I also am now dealing with Royal Sportsman on Imperial in Burnaby, a new shop and a small one, but, excellent prices and friendly guys. They actually import pricey European guns, which nobody else here seems to do and they have offered me some killer deals on these, check them out.

bsa30-06
05-28-2006, 07:27 PM
kutenay, any idea how long that shop has been there.?I live not far from there and this is the second time i've heard this shop mentioned in the last week,i'm going to have to check them out.

BCLongshot
05-28-2006, 07:59 PM
Ya I've heard nothing but good things about them.

BlacktailStalker
05-28-2006, 11:18 PM
Those Kimbers are nice guns, not many guys have them. Good choice on the 300wsm, I loaded up some 168gr TSXs for mine and I am very pleased.

kutenay
05-29-2006, 02:26 PM
I don't know how long R.S. has been in business, my buddy works parttime for European Arms and he told me about them. I went there and they had four boxes of mismatched grain weight Norma ammo in 9.3x62 and I wanted this to shoot for brass in one of my rifles so chambered; I asked about buying it all and they gave me a super deal, so, I have more stuff on order from them.

They are interesting guys as well, the older one is from Russia and the younger a refugee from Serbia, he is a VERY patriotic new Canuck and this is something I really like to see. I prefer to support small, local business whenever I can and this seems to be a good shop.

It's tough going in the specialty retail world, especially firearms, I hope these guys can survive. One other place that has impressive service is Ellwood Epps in Ontario, they have lots of neat used guns, too.

boxhitch
05-29-2006, 05:28 PM
Im Looing for a new gun for the up coming hunting season soo im wondering of a good place to buy guns in B.C
If shopping in the Okanagan, you can't beat Del Selins Gunshop in Vernon. Decent line up of new guns usually Tikkas, Savage, Remmi, Colt AR's8) , and other oddities too. Unless yo are a complete Do-it-yourselfer, buying a package from a shop is the best way to go. Trigger jobs, bedding, rings, bases, scope bore sighting, trigger locks, vaults, cases, ammo, reloading, etc. Try that through the mail and you will have headaches for sure.