PDA

View Full Version : Out of province?

Dragginbait
05-26-2006, 09:53 PM
We're planning on taking our holidays the last week of Oct. first week of Nov. and going to go to visit relatives in Pincher Creek Al. and then drive to Fort St.John to go hunting with the father inlaw. My question is, I would like to go hunting in Pincher (there property has lots of game running around and it backs onto the foothills of the rockies) and want to know how you go about hunting out of province and if I got anything, how much hassle it would be traveling back to BC. Is there too much red tape and BS too make it worth while or what:? ???

Hank Hunter
05-27-2006, 01:14 AM
there is no BS if you are legal and buy the required tags in the province you are hunting

Hank Hunter
05-27-2006, 01:16 AM
If you have a valid Bc Hunter # the tags will just cost you more

Dragginbait
05-27-2006, 07:49 AM
there is no BS if you are legal and buy the required tags in the province you are huntingYou don't need a local or a guide? Just pay for your tags and go? Thanks Terry.

mark
05-27-2006, 08:16 AM
as i undrstand it you have to be with a resident hunter, but dont quote me on that

plumbob
05-27-2006, 08:27 AM
you need a win card and a host is what they call it and they have to be a resident with a valid license.They have to carrie your license and tags for you.

Dragginbait
05-27-2006, 08:36 AM
I just sent away for the Alberta regs via e-mail. I'll be going with my brother inlaw and the only thing I'm unsure of is the WIN card. Thank for all your replys, it's appreciated.

Mik
05-27-2006, 09:50 AM
A win card is a " Wildlife Identification Number" like your BC Resident Hunter #. The cost to you is approx. $8.00 (cheap) and its good for a few years( I think 5). You can get it at any hunting/fishing outlet including Walmart in Alberta.you need a host to sponser you and its around $25 for the permit and then your tags are extra. Check into there "Draw" system as you are eligible for that in some areas-you host has to apply for you.
Good Luck.
Mik

Dragginbait
05-27-2006, 06:41 PM
Thanks MIK

Kirby
05-27-2006, 06:59 PM
I beleive its the same as BC, you need to be accompanied by a local hunter, and they need to get permision to do it, I do know that we can put in for their draws with a resident too. I'm hoping to find somebody to host me on a antelope draw:grin:

Kirby

~T-BONE~
06-14-2006, 09:00 PM
My parents own 1/2 a section just south of Prince Albert park in SASK, owning this does this help him get a license out there even though he does not live? It would be awesome if so :-D :-D :-D

06-15-2006, 08:34 AM
l did an elk chase a few years ago in Alb. and the procedure was exactly like Mik described......

Cappy
06-15-2006, 10:39 AM
Here's a couple web sites for you to check out that will have all the info you need:

http://www.srd.gov.ab.ca/fw/hunting/

http://www.albertaoutdoorsmen.ca/huntingregs/

Good hunting down near Pincher as well, I chase elk and mulies just a little north of there.

riden
07-07-2006, 11:11 AM
It is easy for a non-resident to hunt AB.

You need a hunter-host, this is not the same as a guide.

Easy to qualfy as a hunter-host, and I am almost positive you must take a test to qualify.