PDA

View Full Version : Posting Pic

Ferenc
10-27-2010, 09:47 AM
Just was wondering if this site can be a bit user friendly in regards to posting pics...JUST LIKE THE MOST RECENT BUCK POSTED... a very nice Mulie,with the fact that pictures are a requirement for this site!!!!! lol maybe the wrong place to ask this........ moderators!!!!!!!

MB_Boy
10-27-2010, 09:51 AM
How do you mean "user friendly"......as in "how to" post pics or not getting "roasted" for not posting pics??

orangestepside
10-27-2010, 09:57 AM
easy way is to make a photobucket account then just take the url code under the pic and paste it right into the post

Ferenc
10-27-2010, 10:09 AM
Its the posting of pics...how to!!! you should be able to upload from your pc no problem without all the steps involved...look at all the posts and the problems ... waiting for pics....I am on a another site not related to Hunting and can do a straight upload no problem ..... nothing changed just a different site

BigSlapper
10-27-2010, 10:21 AM
I'm with Ferenc ... those of us "non techie's" are easily frustrated

Steeleco
10-27-2010, 12:26 PM
It doesn't get much easier than this:

I use www.photobucket.com (http://www.photobucket.com/) it's easy to use and FREE Once you've got an account and you know what file your pictures are in it's as good as done.

Firstly upload your pictures to that site. Then open a second internet session with HBC running. Find the thread you wish to post the picture in or start a thread. While keeping it open, switch to the photobucket session. Click on the image you want to post, it should make it larger. It needs to be large to copy better or you'll only copy a thumbnail.

On the left of your image you'll see three links. Click on the "IMG CODE" it will flash yellow and for a brief second "copied" will show.

Now go back to the HBC session, in the thread you want your picture, right click and "paste" or ctrl V and your good. I always "preview message" to make sure I didn't screw up. If all looks good click submit and your done.

zippy_chimp
10-28-2010, 12:55 AM
Yeah, it is sad that most sites are this way in terms of getting
pics into a thread. It's a convoluted method and actually keeps
some people from posting pics.

Why can't they just be attached like an email?

Gateholio
10-28-2010, 01:06 AM
It's bloody easy to upload pics....Especially these days where you can have different tabs open for different websites.

It's also easy to put things in the correct forum, but some people are unable to grasp that, too.....
:wink:

Ferenc
10-28-2010, 08:57 AM
Gatehouse,make it easier..I KNOW YOU CAN DO IT!!!!!!! as I said before I CAN DO STRAIGHT UPLOAD on another site....why!!!! should be able to the same on this awesome site....Can a request be made to the site owner or a webmaster!!!! or perhaps to you!!!! You have to remember I still hunt with a 1972 chevrolet 4x4... Help us out if you can...Thank-You:cool:

4pointer91
10-28-2010, 09:06 AM
I have to agree with this member. We shouldn't have to go to a 3rd party site to upload pictures from and sizing should be done automatically as other sites do. Many times I have wanted to post pics but didn't have time to use another 3rd party program to resize the picture and then post to this forum. Let's make this a non-issue for everyone.

lilhoss
10-28-2010, 09:09 AM
You do not need a photobucket account.I don't use one unless it is video.Most All computers have a photo editing program.If not get one.If you bought a digitial camera,it should have come with one.Set up an "HBC pics folder" on your desktop-simple.Open your pic for editing in the picture program.Check the properties of the photo It will tell you the file type-"Jpeg,Mpeg etc" and the size whether in KB's or MB's.Check the HBC upload site for Max file size and if your picture is "too big",in your photo program there is a resize option,change the resolution of your pics to bring it in under size.Your HBC file on your desktop now has your proper sized photos ready for uploading.Go to Gallery,upload photos,Browse button to your desktop file and there they are !

Ferenc
10-28-2010, 09:35 AM
Still looking for a answer!!!!

Piledriver
10-28-2010, 09:44 AM
I enjoy HuntingBC however. No, it is not easy for those of us who were only taught how to use a pen, pencil and paper. I can post and resize photos on other sites but not on this one. That is why I have no little photo (avatar?) or was/still unable to post photos of my (now 15month) Lab or hunts with others. Thanks to lilhoss & steeleco for providing those step by step directions I'll jot them down and try again. Thanks guys!

MB_Boy
10-28-2010, 10:10 AM
Just a quick heads up for y'all.....Marc didn't "create" the forum software; HBC is just hosted on a third party's 'generic' software that can be used by anyone who wants to start a forum; the company/solution is called vbulletin. This is NOT HBC specific where Marc can just type in a few commands at "HBC Central" to allow this functionality. :wink:

I may be incorrect in this but "yes"....likely vbulletin "may" have in newer versions the ability to upload the file directly from your PC to the board and have it automatically resized or at the very least you would have to resize it on your PC before uploading. (Marc....feel free to correct if I am wrong but I am just speculating after what I have seen on other forums)

One thing to bear in mind as I have seen it on a few forums when members wanted "added features" is the new version of the forums will more than likely have quite a different looking interface/layout and as I have seen.....many who aren't too computer savy find the new look/layout overwhelming. It happened recently on a few BCFishing Forums.....and it actually pushed members away from one...the other had a lot of growing pains for some users.

Really....to be honest; the Photobucket thing is DAMN easy once you take a couple of minutes to figure it out. Plus....depending on the size of Marc's servers/storage he won't have to worry about purging out files or constantly upgrading the server as the membership increases more and more. I have been on this site since prior to '04 as I think we all had our "join dates" reset when Marc did an upgrade years ago....you wouldn't believe how fast this site has grown and especially in the last 2 years.

Just '2 cents' to think about.

frenchbar
10-28-2010, 10:13 AM
just use photobucket..cant get any easier !

MB_Boy
10-28-2010, 10:16 AM
Still looking for a answer!!!!

Contact these guys. :wink: They own the source code and develop the software.