PDA

View Full Version : hey guys

moose hunter
05-17-2006, 02:05 PM
im at school and very bored and i need somthing to entertin me nyone got any jokes or somthing??? im in the libray and it is pretty quiet anyhoos ttyl moosie

todbartell
05-17-2006, 02:08 PM
practice typing complete sentences

guntech
05-17-2006, 02:29 PM
I would have to suggest actually trying to learn something while at school. Spelling, grammar, basic math, learn to read well and how to actually write and print legibly ..... these abilities will be very important later in your life when you have to work for a living.

moose hunter
05-17-2006, 03:44 PM
well im home now i had nothign to do i swear

Mother
05-17-2006, 04:18 PM
Stay in school kid and stay awake in class. I managed to do it and now I have my own law firm with 5 lawyers on my staff. I make piles of moola and hunt all over. Stay focused and shoot straight.

ruger#1
05-17-2006, 07:54 PM
moose use the spell checker, or have you been drinking.

bruno
05-17-2006, 08:20 PM
Please learn to spell and punctuation would be a bonus.

FlyingHigh
05-17-2006, 08:27 PM
easy guys. don't ride the kid too hard. there isn't always stuff to do at school during a spare, which i'm assuming he had. now if he's skipping that's another matter. as far as spelling and grammar goes, mayhap, he didn't have him much time or the guy typed fastly. normally i do believe he don't got no bad grammar. (that ought to hold you english buffs for a while)

moose hunter
05-17-2006, 08:36 PM
no i had to skip off before the teacher came and yes i had a spare class.

Iron-Head
05-17-2006, 08:38 PM
Jeez Flyinghigh get sum tiping skiils im sic of havin to try and pik over people posts by hanving to reed evary wurd sepratly.:shock:
Symon;)

bsa30-06
05-17-2006, 08:42 PM
Easy boys, i've noticed moose hunters posts have improved alot recenlty.Keep up the effort moose hunter.

mrdoog
05-17-2006, 08:55 PM
moose hunter:
I have a son the same age as yourself.
I've caught him typing gibberish as you do, I've told him that the command of the English langauge is a powerful tool.
So think about how you are portraying yourself to the world by typing shortcuts which lead people from around the world , who view this website, that you are an uneducated moron.
As far as laying off cause he's a kid, nope. That is the root cause of the problem.
I can not spell that well, I use an older Mac, so the spell check doesn't work.
Yet I have managed to get by without giving the impression that I am an uneducated person.
moose hunter: my schooling ended at grade 12, I have no shame at that
please take your time and send a better message
Doog

Iron-Head
05-17-2006, 10:02 PM
...........:|

FlyingHigh
05-17-2006, 10:09 PM
For all those out there who need a translation.

lol - laugh out loud

roflmao - rolling on floor laughing my a** off

btw - by the way

imo - in my opinion

imho - in my humble opinion

brb - be right back

g2g - got to go

those are the very basics. and no, using quick acronyms dose not make someone an uneducated "moron". i use them, I'm in grade 11, taking an advanced english accelerated course, have rudimentary knowledge of Shakespeare's Hamlet, A Midsummer Night's Dream, Romeo and Juliet, and Macbeth, I write poetry fairly well and find essays relatively easy and if I spell stuff wrong here it's cause I'm typing fast. Am I a "moron" because i use the abbreviations? If you have difficulty deciphering such phraseology, may I humbly suggest you cease forthwith accusations against those individuals who find it benificial to to use such terminology. Thank you.

cowboy-up69
05-17-2006, 10:23 PM
no i had to skip off before the teacher came and yes i had a spare class.

Being in grade 8 or 9, whatever your in, you have a spare class? Somethin aint right here.

Iron-Head
05-17-2006, 10:27 PM
Alright when he starts typing english I'll "cease forthwith accusations" on moose hunter.
BTW' Mrdoog wasnt calling him a moron he was simply stating that by using such vulgar and slak typing skills he is presenting him self as being "uneducated" or lazy. Whatever the case may be it only takes 2 seconds for some one to re-read there post and mabey fix up the gramarical errors.

FlyingHigh
05-17-2006, 11:07 PM
My most humble apologies if I have by perchance offended any individual in regards to utilizing quick abbreviations or not antagonizing those who do. I am afraid I will have to defer to the masses and will do my utmost best to keep my English communications at the required level.

huntwriter
05-18-2006, 05:41 AM
And all moose hunter asked is to be entertained with a story because he has been bored.

What does he get? A lecture about his education, some guys and gals really know how to make a mountain out of nothing. Give moose hunter some slack. He asked for a story not a speech about his skills or lack thereof.

Iron-Head
05-18-2006, 08:13 AM
And in turn we get called ass hole? I think he should keep those kind of comments to himself.:|

Fred
05-18-2006, 09:01 AM
For all those out there who need a translation.

lol - laugh out loud

roflmao - rolling on floor laughing my a** off

btw - by the way

imo - in my opinion

imho - in my humble opinion

brb - be right back

g2g - got to go
You missed the one that I find that I need most often. "IIRC" If I Recall Correctly! :lol: Fred

MB_Boy
05-18-2006, 12:52 PM
those are the very basics. and no, using quick acronyms dose not make someone an uneducated "moron". i use them, I'm in grade 11, taking an advanced english accelerated course, have rudimentary knowledge of Shakespeare's Hamlet, A Midsummer Night's Dream, Romeo and Juliet, and Macbeth, I write poetry fairly well and find essays relatively easy and if I spell stuff wrong here it's cause I'm typing fast. Am I a "moron" because i use the abbreviations? If you have difficulty deciphering such phraseology, may I humbly suggest you cease forthwith accusations against those individuals who find it benificial to to use such terminology. Thank you.

Okay......I am laughing at this thread but I gotta join in........what "dosage" of acronyms are you taking?

You have neglected to use a capital letter at the begininng of a "run-on" sentence.
You should have considered a semi-colon in at least one part of your post.
"spell stuff wrong"......should actually be......if I spell incorrectly.....

Oh....and I understand the "abbreviated terminology".....but understand that everyone here can read the english language (i hope, as not all threads have pictures;) ) and the "abbreviations" may lead many to not understand where you are going with your post.

Thank you. ;)

On another note; there were no criticisms of the "abbreviations" that I can see at a quick glance. The criticism was directed towards "jibberish" words that as mrdoog and symon have both said, does not portray one's self in the best light.

oh and btw.....as I type this I have had to brb many times as I am LOL & rotflmao.........ttyl beecuz I g2g!!! imho this is a useless thread from the start......:-D

Iron-Head
05-18-2006, 01:03 PM
Well MB_Boy I think you pretty much summed it up.!
Symon

youngfellla
05-18-2006, 01:37 PM
This post has too much hilariousnessicity.:lol:

Wait a minute! Hilariousnessicity?? Is that even a word?:shock:

Damn, I wish I had read Shakespeare.;)