PDA

View Full Version : PINK MOUNTAIN

270WIN
04-07-2004, 04:40 PM
Looking in going to 45 minutes south of pink mountain this coming year.Any one hunt in that area and have any pointer.

bone-collector
04-07-2004, 05:50 PM
yea can you say traffic jam of hunters 8O :lol:

GoatGuy
04-07-2004, 07:18 PM
I'm gonna agree with Bone-Collector on this one. I've been up past Pink Mountain and last year I hunted kinda near Hudson Hope. There were more hunter's from Vancouver than people who lived in Hudson Hope. Don't get me wrong, it's good country just get away from the quad trails and away from the roads. So many friggen' road hunter's it's absolutely rediculous!

YukonJack
04-07-2004, 07:20 PM
Man, here's another fellow who just has to agree! On all counts!

bone-collector
04-07-2004, 08:05 PM
let me rephrase that haha, if you dont know the area well nuff to escape the insaine amounts of weekend warriors then dont go , when you can count 200 trucks in a morning hunt on a 100KM long road theres a problem (poor fugging moose would look like swiss cheese if he ever walked out on a road up there cause everyone for 40 miles would poke him) :lol:

bcboy
04-07-2004, 08:31 PM
And if ya venture into the back country watch out for the guides and outfitters.
We were warned we were not welcome if came up during prime moose and elk season. This was from the natives who give out the rights. I was up there on a Bison hunt.
Some others told us it was all talk but hey..I dont need the hassle..personally i was not that suprised they said that.

PS I am talking 7-57

GoatGuy
04-07-2004, 08:43 PM
I wouldn't be worried about the guides and outfitters. They aren't going to tell you where all the big bulls are, but I don't think they're gonna go out of their way to give you a hard time. Least I hope not!!!!

bone-collector
04-07-2004, 10:39 PM
well last I checked we didnt hastle anyone , the natives do a bit but we sure as hell never did :!: ..oh yea I guide at pink mountain :lol:

Lt
04-07-2004, 10:50 PM
I hunted that area last year for a week in late August, saw 14 bull moose shot on the road and we finally got ours on the last day. It wasn't overly busy. We also saw 4 six point bull elk and a couple of small ones but it wasn't ment to be. I know of 6 bears that were shot near camps and the sighting of one grizz. the camp up the road from us shot 3 moose,2bears and two caribou. They had quads and we didn't . We're thinking of going back, maybe next year. If you want more info send me a pm.

LT

Longbranch
04-17-2004, 06:09 AM
Two buddys hunted Pink mountain about 3 years ago by horse back. Didnt see any Elk, had a chance at some Caribou and did get a 48" moose.
Geoff

Rob
06-01-2004, 11:18 PM
Hey bcboy were you in zone A or B? how did you make out?, a friend of mine was in the lower section(a), and they had theirs in under 24 hrs. they went 2 yrs ago, Dec16-31 draw,

wounded
06-02-2004, 03:50 PM
Its a great place to hunt.!!! A few friends of mine go every year and they always come back with there moose and other critters.Sure the roads are a little busy but where is it not ,in hunting season. Bcboy don't let them guides or natives scare ya any, they usually have alot of hot air to get rid of,so let them vent and carry on.. :lol: :lol: goodluck to ya I ll try to find out the area my friends go and pm you with the info. :wink:

bcboy
06-02-2004, 07:29 PM
Thanks..any info. would be appreciated. I was only in Zone A for a short time between Dec. 16 and Dec 31.

Most of my info. came from what I heard in the camp, was pretty impressed thou with the amount of animals we saw.

Tank
06-03-2004, 11:41 AM
anybody planning on heading up to the peace area for the aug 15-31 any bull opening? i'm planning on camping out for a few days about an hour north of fort st john but have never given this season a try before. anyone else have any experience up there at that time of year?

270WIN
06-10-2004, 04:25 PM
anybody planning on heading up to the peace area for the aug 15-31 any bull opening? i'm planning on camping out for a few days about an hour north of fort st john but have never given this season a try before. anyone else have any experience up there at that time of year?

Let me know how it goes.I am head up there last 2 week september we are heading to wonawon some place my budy found

Vetteman
06-13-2004, 02:03 PM
We've found that since the implementation of antler restrictions up north,the number of hunters who hunt the antler restricted season has dropped considerably.Whereas the early non restricted season in most areas is overrun with hunters who want to be able to shoot any bull,the second season is just the opposite.Heading up the Alaska highway in October,we see very few other hunters now,whereas back in the 80's and early nineties we saw dozens and dozens of units.You always had a lineup for fuel at Pink Mountian. Heading home about the third week of October we haven't seen hunters the last couple of years until we stop at Charlie Lake(maybe the odd hunters rig stopped at the old Maes Kitchen or in Wonowon for dinner)Theres lots of oppurtnities to hunt alone as you approch the later part of the season.It also coincides with the moose rut most of the time as well.
Dave