PDA

View Full Version : pic resize

mulerider
10-08-2010, 02:56 PM
I have a pic I want to share. How the heck do i resize it to under 90 kb.

Bighorn hunter
10-08-2010, 04:07 PM
Hey mulerider

I have never been able to figure out the resize thing on the computer either.
What I do is resize it on my camera and then get it on here. I'm sure there is a easier way, but thats what I do

Cheers
BH

spreerider
10-08-2010, 04:10 PM
you can get resizing software, i have a batch resizer that can resize all the pictures in a folder so i can do all my pics at once.

easiest way to get pictures on here is to sign up for photobucket.com and then just put links to the photobucket pics on your post.

Bighorn hunter
10-08-2010, 05:32 PM
the problem with the photobucket links though, is for guys like me with crappy internet, it takes forever to look at them all. It is alot nicer if the pics are in the post

my 2 bits
BH

rocket
10-08-2010, 05:47 PM
Email the picture to yourself. Then go into your email, right click on the picture, click on SAVE THE PICTURE AS (then you can rename the file if you would like). Then post the picture. This way you get a good quality picture from your camera, but the file should fit this size.

BimmerBob
10-08-2010, 06:47 PM
Google a program called "Infranview", it will view many types of files and will allow you to "save for the web" and size it to whatever you need. I allways save them at 800 by 600 pixels and they are then usually under 100k for forum use.

shawnwells
10-08-2010, 06:57 PM
i use microsoft picture manager...it was on my windows setup already and cost me nothing..right click picture...open with microsoft picture manager....click ''edit''....click''resize'' then in the percent box put the percentage you want...works for me...and standard on lots of pc's...hopefully helps..

mulerider
10-09-2010, 06:56 AM
Thanks I will try a few things.

demlake
10-09-2010, 11:43 AM
If you have Paint, you can resize pics.

Open the file, then save it using a different name. That will reduce the file size.

If you need to reduce the physical size of the picture, choose "Image" then "resize/skew" and use the vertical and horizontal to reduce the pic by whatever percentage you want to.

Then save it using a different name, and the file size will be reduced again.