PDA

View Full Version : Halibut fishing ?

BlacktailStalker
05-06-2006, 07:42 PM
My buddy and I are wanting to head out hali fishing up in McNeil or Port Hardy. He has a couple spots but they are just so-so.
I know hot spots are pretty secretive but is there anyone who fishes up there that would mind pointing a guy in the direction of a spot really worth going to? I HATE asking for ANYTHING but we're dying to go and would gladly trade info on spots i.e for steelies, salmon, trout as we both fish those hard and achieve better than average catches but havent really targeted hali's until now. I have a gps if the spots are mapped and you have coordinates. Or even to meet a couple guys and go out in a couple boats! We'll be fishing out of a Campion 210 so she's more than sea worthy to go any distance. Hell, I'd even share half my catch http://www.bcfishingreports.com/forum/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif
Think De La Hoya's going to win tonight ?

Johnnybear
05-06-2006, 07:56 PM
I've never fished on the chuck that far up. A buddy of mine goes out at Broughton Strait every year and I'll see if he'll part with the co-ords from his GPS. We always go to Tofino for Halibut. It's just awesome out there about 10 miles off Bartlett Island. Best Hali fishing I've ever had. May is the month.

BlacktailStalker
05-06-2006, 09:21 PM
Awesome, thankyou!

Islandeer
05-06-2006, 09:29 PM
Go get em!!

Darren
05-08-2006, 07:47 AM
I didn't see this post till this morning, but if your still looking for some spots up that way send me a PM. Did you guy's have any luck?

Johnnybear
05-09-2006, 02:21 PM
I'm a little late. I didn't know you were going so soon. My buddy is out of town working right now. Hope you had a good trip.