PDA

View Full Version : baby pheasants ....

BANG!
05-03-2006, 08:03 PM
.... does anyone know where I might find a supplier of game birds in the lower mainland?

I'd like to raise me some birds :-D

K-1
05-03-2006, 08:21 PM
.... does anyone know where I might find a supplier of game birds in the lower mainland?

I'd like to raise me some birds :-D Try the local feed store, Buckerfields or CO.OP. .

000buck
05-03-2006, 08:44 PM
warning: pheasants are a major pain in the ass to try and raise. we order 25 from buckerfields at hatchling within 3 weeks they had killed each other and the two remaing were so badly injured I had to do them in myself.
you must get rings put through thier beaks to stop them from killing each other its a major pain in the ass.......:eek:

CanAm500
05-03-2006, 09:06 PM
Lol....there suicidal!!

lapadat
05-04-2006, 06:43 AM
Try Campbells Pheasantry in Abbotsford: (604) 856-4375

lapadat

plumbob
05-04-2006, 08:19 AM
we ordered from rochester in alberta this year as we have 36 and haven't lost one yet there 4 weeks old right now.So I would suggest it to any one.You have to watch for picking but catch it when there small and they will stop.

moose hunter
05-04-2006, 08:52 AM
we have around 40 of them, and if one doesnt get alogn with other ones we may let it loose to run free range like the chickens, but after dealing with the nig bantom rooster, and surviving they usualy smarton up;)

BANG!
05-04-2006, 05:21 PM
Lots of good advice - thanks guys!

My kids would also love to see a golden pheasant and a couple of hens in a run.

Ahhh... :roll: who am I kidding? I would also love to see a golden and a couple of hens in a run. We keep laying hens right now and my two young uns just love to feed the little buggers, collect the eggs, etc... It's great to encourage their love of wild life at this early age - when they're a little older, I'll teach them to shoot it. :eek:

I'll let you all know how I get on. I'll try the Abbotsford number and maybe throw a coop together at the weekend.

PS - If they do end up pecking the shit out of each other - you can still eat them, right? :grin: