PDA

View Full Version : big fish

Shop Lord
04-29-2006, 08:52 AM
Went sturgeon fising yesterday. The water has come up making fishing alittle more difficult. We caught 2 small ones in 5 hours and were just getting ready to go try a different hole when my buddy got a good one on. After a 20 minute fight the fish decided to get out of the hole and into the current. With the high water, current and size of the fish it didn't take long to spool him. My friend is new to sturgeon fishing, he's caught 7 or 8, the biggest being 6 feet. He was alittle dissappointed but thats the way it goes. He has a brand new setup; a penn 345 gti with 100 lbs tuff line and I couldn't believe the heat coming off that reel after the line snapped. He had the drag fully tightned and the fish ran for over 150 yards. BIG FISH !!!!!!!!!

Schmaus
04-29-2006, 09:57 AM
Thats pretty cool. I have always wanted to give sturgeon fishing a try around here but I still haven't gone.

30-06
04-29-2006, 10:31 AM
ya same i wanna try sturgeon fishin

Steeleco
04-29-2006, 05:14 PM
Cool story, was there now way to chase the fish with the boat? I know it can be tough in the river. We've chase a few lunkers in the chuck never to see them. Make's you wonder what if!!!

Shop Lord
04-30-2006, 11:22 AM
The waters pretty high right now and I don't own a boat. We've thought about chasing them in a canoe or small cartop when the water is lower. I'm sure it would make for a good story.