PDA

View Full Version : sasquatch man

moose hunter
04-26-2006, 07:05 PM
about a week ago a guy stopped by and he is the sasquatch man of p.g hes got strong beliefs and he was demenstrating calls to us:shock: i wonder what the neighbors think now he told us that sasquatch has been around our house and ectect heres his website :roll: http://sasquatch-pg.net/home.html

CanAm500
04-26-2006, 07:38 PM
Any tags for sasquatch?:roll:

I think this guy has spent a little too much time in the bush:shock: . Honestly, there is not sasquatch (if there is and i see one, ill shoot one and get real pictures of it). Just like nessy.

Iron-Head
04-26-2006, 07:39 PM
Wacky Tobacky!

derek p
04-26-2006, 07:46 PM
Is that not Timothy Wastewell's brother?

As Firebird would say, there goes two minutes or my life I won't get back!!!

Shop Lord
04-26-2006, 08:27 PM
It is against the law in B.C. to kill a Sasquatch. If they don't exist how can it be illegal to kill one?

todbartell
04-26-2006, 08:30 PM
this time I only wasted 90 seconds! :roll:

CanAm500
04-26-2006, 08:45 PM
It is against the law in B.C. to kill a Sasquatch. If they don't exist how can it be illegal to kill one?

Yeah, really:wink: :grin:

FlyingHigh
04-26-2006, 09:17 PM
hey, sasquatch is real!!!! along with the abominable snowman, nessie, santa, the easter bunny and the promises coming out of Ottawa!!!! :-D

Birddog
04-26-2006, 09:40 PM
Wow must be alot of fumes coming out of the pulp mills in the Prince Goerge area. Or the water is gone bad. This guy is nuttier then squirel s@%t . :eek: :eek: :eek:

Birdddog

CHilko21
04-26-2006, 09:58 PM
Ohhh boy they're getting wierd up there... I agree with Birddog, they must have some bad wood in the pulp mills....next thing you know, my neighbors in Quesnel will be seeing Pink Elephants kayaking down the Fraser. Crazy crazy people

Fred
04-26-2006, 10:54 PM
I didn't see anything there that merited your attacks on this man. If you don't believe it,Fine. But just wait until you have your own close encounter! You will not believe the range of emotions that you will experience. Fred

sealevel
04-27-2006, 07:06 AM
what you bin smoken fred.

FlyingHigh
04-27-2006, 07:17 AM
just read through the guy's website. that man is right out of his tree!!

Fred
04-27-2006, 08:12 AM
I don't smoke or drink and like I said, just wait until you(or a close friend) encounters something really off the wall. :wink: I haven't challanged the sanity of any of you guys on your claims or beliefs, sooo! :-D Fred

hoochie
04-27-2006, 08:29 AM
its all in the name of fame and tourism. There arent any sasquatches.. its just a few of my uncles roaming around.

moose hunter
04-27-2006, 12:02 PM
u guys are lucky just to hear about it he did sasquatch calls of our porch:shock: like get a life buddy, theres much more productive things u culd be doin then looking for a sasquatch, he told me if you kill a sasquatch in canada u will be charged with manslaughter:roll: i agree there is just some crazy uncles running around the bush.

bigwhiteys
04-27-2006, 12:15 PM
I am open minded enough to believe in the possibility.

There is NO concrete proof that they do not exist nor any concrete proof that they DO exist.

I like this story the best.

Bear Hunter Sees Sasquatch Mating (http://www.bfro.net/GDB/show_report.asp?id=1408) - Ha Ha Ha!

Happy Hunting!
Carl

Elkhound
04-27-2006, 12:20 PM
I am open minded enough to believe in the possibility.

There is NO concrete proof that they do not exist nor any concrete proof that they DO exist.

I have to agree with this one:grin:

Ride
04-27-2006, 03:27 PM
Ah leo, i wonder if he knows Rene Dahinden...............

Fred
04-27-2006, 11:44 PM
Rene passed away a year or two ago,I heard. I met him at the Richmond R&G while he was placering for lead shot there. He seemed like a fine fellow.:frown:
As to that story, when one sees something that unusual ones mind will often reject the sight and relace it with another image that the mind can cope with. Sometims too, a person will want to see something so badly that thier mind will substitute the object that they seek instead of an ordinary,mundane object. Case in point is the guy in the Okanagan who swore that he saw and filmed Ogopogo AND got Unsolved Mysteries to go for it. I saw the same animal and it was clearly a beaver. A big one but not That big! :roll: :grin: Fred

huntwriter
04-28-2006, 12:40 AM
I am open minded about this, or to quote my mother. "There are more things between heaven and earth then we ever will know."

sealevel
04-28-2006, 06:23 AM
In Bc other then a few places up north you can`t go 2 miles with out finding a road. There is people driving up these roads with cameras all the time and the only pics of this great beast was taken in 1960!! I myself have been in the bush more then most in 35 years of falling in more places in this prov then i care to remember i have never seen a bigfoot or a track . Would it not take a poulation of what a thousand to maintain a population of sasqwatch .

PGKris
04-30-2006, 12:52 PM
That guy is an idiot.

PGKris
04-30-2006, 12:53 PM
But that said, I would blast to pieces any sasquatch that walked in front of me.

moose hunter
04-30-2006, 01:25 PM
ud be charged with manslaughter

Fred
04-30-2006, 10:37 PM
Either way you would be famous!! :wink: Fred

moose hunter
05-01-2006, 10:33 AM
yes thats true

Schmaus
05-01-2006, 12:53 PM
Bang!!! question answered. I would probaly make enough off the pictures to hire johnny cochranehttp://bestsmileys.com/bouncing/6.gif

MB_Boy
05-01-2006, 12:57 PM
Bang!!! question answered. I would probaly make enough off the pictures to hire johnny cochrane

Schmaus.......I don't think there is ANY amount of money that could hire Johnny Cochrane..................he died about a year ago.:wink: Mind you....this is a thread about sasquatches.....so "far out" things apparently can happen??? :-D

Schmaus
05-03-2006, 04:22 AM
Dammit without cochrane I would be screwed, maybe I will just tie the next one I see to a tree until I get my camera.

moose hunter
05-03-2006, 10:13 AM
it might but ur head off :O

PGKris
05-04-2006, 06:15 PM
Manslaughter my eye.

Gateholio
05-20-2006, 04:30 PM
. But just wait until you have your own close encounter! You will not believe the range of emotions that you will experience. Fred

No shit.........

Sasquatch
05-21-2006, 01:56 AM
Just be careful which Sasquatch you tie to a tree. I hear some of them are armed. :lol:

Wolfman
06-11-2006, 11:30 AM
Hey all.

A few years back, while heading up to the Yukon on a moose hunt, we stopped for the night in Liard Hotsprings. While there we met a really interesting though very eccentric fellow by the name of 'Trapper Ray'. This guy had a million sasquatch stories and had claimed to have seen the 'sasq' many a time during his years there.

Truth or fiction?

I figure anything is possible,

Wolfman

PGKris
06-23-2006, 08:23 PM
I've been working south of there. No sightings yet :D

steveo32
06-24-2006, 11:35 AM
haha trapper ray was losing his marbles in the 80's from what i hear but i have met his a few times and he swears that they are real and living in the guide area i work in lol. I wont beleive anyone tell there is one dead at my feet :)

steve

BCLongshot
06-24-2006, 03:49 PM
Well I don't know... But I do know that if and it's a big if anyone saw 1 they'll crap their pants. Talk is cheap...maybe you'll see 1 and you won't have a gun but you'll probably never see 1 if they exist.

Bin Laden is real can we find him?

lip_ripper00
06-24-2006, 04:04 PM
check out Main and Hastings after the bars close.I think theirs a few that hang around that area;-)

Bushman
06-24-2006, 09:01 PM
Now this is just my opinion, but I don't think I'd be too quick to call people crazy or liars because they have claimed to have seen a sasquatch during their travels in the wilds of British Columbia. Seems to me that a few reasonably famous British Columbians have put their reputations on the line by reporting they were witnesses to possible sasquatch sightings.

In the early 1950's Clayton Mack, legendary British Columbia grizzly bear hunting guide and client a from California observed a sasquatch on a tidal flat eating sweet grass seeds growing on the plant's roots near the Assek River at the head of the South Bentinck Arm on BC's central coast. Clayton Mack also stated that while at Mud Bay in Dean Channel, he saw a 5 to 6 foot tall sasquatch sticking its head out from behind a tree. Later Mack found evidence of sasquatch peeling and eating bark or sap from a hemlock tree. While on a grizzly bear hunting trip at Kitlope on BC's central coast during June in the late 1940's, Clayton Mack stated that in the night a sasquatch howled at a broken window in an old house they were camped at. Next morning guide and client found large human-like tracks in the gravel. Clayton Mack founds evidence that the sasquatch tried to destroy its own tracks.

While commercial fishing at Jacobsen Bay 15 miles west of Bella Coola in the late '40s, Clayton Mack reported that he saw a buckskin colored sasquatch from his boat as it digging or lifting rocks, and then watched as it walked along beach and up into the timber.

Edited to add:

In October 1969, famous rancher and big-game guide Pan Phillips watched a brown sasquatch through telescopic sight for 10 minutes as it sat by snowhole (apparently its home) at edge of glacier at 6,000 ft.

Bushman

Fred
06-24-2006, 11:56 PM
Well, I know I am not a liar but I have at times questioned my own sanity! :-? :wink: Fred

Schmaus
06-25-2006, 08:47 AM
Man thats funny how you mention Clayton Mack because Grizzlies and White Guys is my favorite book. I just got back from a fishing trip in Bella Coola and our guide a native fella from the area said that he was married to Claytons daughter. Needless to say I heard a lot of good stories along the 6 day charter.

kishman
09-23-2006, 08:56 PM
With trail "scout" cameras getting more popular maybe it is only a matter of time before we get to see one:roll: .......or another guy dressed up like one. To my mind running around in the woods dressed like an ape could be hazardous to ones' health:lol: .

mapguy
09-24-2006, 07:18 PM
met a sasquach once had so much hair didn't even get wet when swimming
he was just a young 15 years old then
poor kid

Islandeer
10-01-2006, 08:23 AM
Well it's like religion, you either believe in it or you don't. 8)

Will
10-10-2006, 05:33 PM
http://sasquatch-pg.net/Quickstart/ImageLib/FRONTPAGE--2.jpg
This is the Best Part of His whole Site.......
Look it must be another Sasquatch House ! :roll:

I'd Shoot one too....Might Taste Like Moose!
just trim off the Zippers:lol:

I just Noticed this Thread has over 1700 Views................:shock:

elkguide
12-31-2006, 05:39 PM
You would think that in all the years that we have been in the bush ( I mean since whiteman came to N.A. ) one of us would have killed one of these badboys. If I ever saw one i think he'd better be faster than a bullet.......

elkguide
12-31-2006, 05:45 PM
Hey all.

A few years back, while heading up to the Yukon on a moose hunt, we stopped for the night in Liard Hotsprings. While there we met a really interesting though very eccentric fellow by the name of 'Trapper Ray'. This guy had a million sasquatch stories and had claimed to have seen the 'sasq' many a time during his years there.

Truth or fiction?

I figure anything is possible,

Wolfman

I lived in Ft. Nelson for a few years so we were up to the springs alot....Ol ray is a great guy but also a great businessman if you think about it. By the way Ray no longer owns the lodge wich is too bad cause it was a great place to stay.

bsa30-06
12-31-2006, 05:45 PM
http://sasquatch-pg.net/Quickstart/ImageLib/FRONTPAGE--2.jpg
This is the Best Part of His whole Site.......
Look it must be another Sasquatch House ! :roll:

I'd Shoot one too....Might Taste Like Moose!
just trim off the Zippers:lol:

I just Noticed this Thread has over 1700 Views................:shock:

Nope probably taste like chicken, just like everything else!!!!

Chuck
12-31-2006, 06:49 PM
Edited to add:

In October 1969, famous rancher and big-game guide Pan Phillips watched a brown sasquatch through telescopic sight for 10 minutes as it sat by snowhole (apparently its home) at edge of glacier at 6,000 ft.

Bushman

[/quote]I met this fellow back in 1973-4 when I was in Quesnel. He was a well known local guide and I found him to be totally believable. I was fascinated by his tough and rugged character. He was not known for BS stories or for that matter BSing.

Bushman
12-31-2006, 07:54 PM
Thanks, Chuck. You are lucky to have met Pan Phillips.

For those that have not heard of Panhandle "Pan" Phillips, he was the partner of famous Vanderhoof/Quesnel area cattle rancher and author Rich Hobson. Rich has written detailed accounts of his life and journeys in three books: The Grass Beyond The Mountains, Nothing Too Good For A Cowboy, and Rancher Takes A Wife, which are all available for purchase at local book stores.

Bushman

Phil
12-31-2006, 09:53 PM
I met a guy on the west side of Harrison Lake once that swore the area was inhabbited by Sasquatch. He could do an imitation of a what he siad was a Sasquatch call that made my hair stand up on end. It scared the hell out of me. Come to think about it.... I'm not sure what was scarier, hunting in an area where there was apparently a Sasquatch or hunting in an area where there was a guy stealth enough to see one on a regular basis. Anyways, I have the usual doubts but I am willing to keep an open mind. The world has not been completely discovered or understood yet.

kishman
12-31-2006, 10:16 PM
I met a guy on the west side of Harrison Lake once that swore the area was inhabbited by Sasquatch. He could do an imitation of a what he siad was a Sasquatch call that made my hair stand up on end. It scared the hell out of me. Come to think about it.... I'm not sure what was scarier, hunting in an area where there was apparently a Sasquatch or hunting in an area where there was a guy stealth enough to see one on a regular basis. Anyways, I have the usual doubts but I am willing to keep an open mind. The world has not been completely discovered or understood yet.

I'm starting the new year off with a camping trip up to 20 mile bay, I'll let you know.........;) .

Bushman
12-31-2006, 10:26 PM
Kishman:

Please say hello to John M. the logging camp watchman up at 20 Mile Bay.
If you should think of it, ask John about sasquatch.

Bushman

alremkin
12-31-2006, 10:54 PM
Well I'm going to chime in on the side of the Sasquatch. Athough I've never seen or heard one there are lots of stories I've heard and read and I think there's a lot that's still unexplained in life here.

Chuck
12-31-2006, 11:20 PM
Hey Bushman! I also got to meet a character named "Hap Bowden", also a big game guide from up that way who told me he watched one cross a clear-cut that had a lot of small stuff lying down. Somewhere near Abhu, between Quesnel & PG. Anyway he told me they were glassing for moose in the evening and it came out of the bush and crossed the clear-cut in 10 minutes where they took over half an hour doing the same thing earlier that day.

Phil
12-31-2006, 11:27 PM
I'm starting the new year off with a camping trip up to 20 mile bay, I'll let you know.........;) .

20 mile bay is precisely where I ran to the guy I mentioned. Take a video camera, it may be your lucky weekend.

ruger#1
12-31-2006, 11:37 PM
20 mile bay has a lot of deer that swim to long island, maybe he lives there. its also a good place to camp.ive hunted up there for years and the closest thing to a sasquatch ive seen is a drunken idiot at the park.

kishman
12-31-2006, 11:49 PM
20 mile bay is precisely where I ran to the guy I mentioned. Take a video camera, it may be your lucky weekend.

I don't own a video cam, but.... I did just buy this .270........:lol: :lol: :lol:

P.S. I know it's illegal to shoot one...:wink:

ruger#1
12-31-2006, 11:59 PM
My buddies wife looks like a sasquatch , so i cant say im not a beleiver.

Phil
01-01-2007, 12:51 AM
I don't own a video cam, but.... I did just buy this .270........:lol: :lol:

P.S. I know it's illegal to shoot one...:wink:

Dead or alive, all I need is evidence to be a full believer. It would be the most interesting mount speak of.:lol:

Bushman
01-01-2007, 01:02 AM
Hey Bushman! I also got to meet a character named "Hap Bowden", also a big game guide from up that way who told me he watched one cross a clear-cut that had a lot of small stuff lying down. Somewhere near Abhu, between Quesnel & PG. Anyway he told me they were glassing for moose in the evening and it came out of the bush and crossed the clear-cut in 10 minutes where they took over half an hour doing the same thing earlier that day.

Hey Chuck:

I don't doubt for a minute that Hap Bowden told you he saw what may have been a sasquatch crossing a clear-cut.

As I'm sure you already know, if people are treated with some degree of respect and understanding they will generally open up and talk about certain strange and/or unexplainable things that they may have seen while in the wilds.

Over the years I have heard some mighty strange sasquatch stories from some very credible and reputable ranchers, loggers and others that make their livings up in the northern woods.

My guess is that if something like a sasquatch—that called the bush its home and knew it extremely well—wanted to stay hidden from humans, there wouldn't be too much trouble accomplishing what we consider the impossible.

I think that if sasquatch does indeed exist, the damned things are a heck of a lot smarter than we give them credit for being.

Bushman

CanuckShooter
01-01-2007, 10:20 AM
Like most people I remain sceptical in their existance..with that being said I have also heard vocalizations in the bush up here that cannot be explained.

One of my hunting partners swears he saw one years ago in the Sukunka Valley, and he is the type not to embellish stories either.

I have also never seen a wolverine in the wild..so not seeing a bigfoot doesn't seem all that strange to me.

Will
01-01-2007, 02:49 PM
Supposed to be a Special on Sasquatches(?) on Jan 11 th. featuring the Local Guy that spotted not one but TWO of them together between Merrit and Kamloops............ :|

Should prove interesting...:lol:

srupp
01-07-2007, 05:08 AM
I know by posting this I risk the ridicule of some..but I have met and hunted and fished with Clayton Mack spent time aboard his boat and he aboard mine, we have slept on the beaches of Kwatna bay near Graveyard Island and Restoration Bay.I have listened by firelight to his stories of Sasquatch and all the encounters he had.When Clayton told you to put down your line there are chicken halibut there...they were there..or that the water we wer on only had barn doors.. or that at a certain creek there were the biggest grizzlies...all was true.Clayton believed in sasquatch untill his final day...while in hospital visiting Clayton he spoke about sasquatch..he also had me care for his hunting albums of John Wayne and other celebrity hunters...

Clayton was a fine man, not a bs'r I dont think the books do him justice in many ways.Clayton asked me if I believed in black bears ? I said yes...he then asked my IF I had ever found a dead black bear in the woods in my 25 years of hunting hiking fishing guiding...I said no.....You believe they live and die but have never found a dead bear as evidence of their existence.....

Do sasquatch exist ??? I have never seen one..I have seen strange things and heard strange things very strange things,over the 30 plus years in the woods...I have an open mind and dont discount anything , its only been what since the late 60's early 70's that we have found the celocanth a fish that was thought to be extinct for thousands of years..now hundreds of specimins have been caught....

Yes some people may be strange, act stranger, and believe totally wild ideas.....I havnt met these others..Pan Phillips was also NOT known to be a BULLSHITTER...believe what YOU may but ridicule of others beliefs doesnt add much to the discussion or evidence...my .02 cents...

Steven

Leaseman
01-08-2007, 08:12 AM
Wow Steven....:cool:

I'm impressed!!!!!....This is something we are going to discuss, in length, next time we get together....

For those of you who don't know Steven, he is a fine gent, with great stories of the bush and honest to the painful point....8-)

Mike

Bushman
01-08-2007, 06:35 PM
I know by posting this I risk the ridicule of some..but I have met and hunted and fished with Clayton Mack spent time aboard his boat and he aboard mine, we have slept on the beaches of Kwatna bay near Graveyard Island and Restoration Bay.I have listened by firelight to his stories of Sasquatch and all the encounters he had.When Clayton told you to put down your line there are chicken halibut there...they were there..or that the water we wer on only had barn doors.. or that at a certain creek there were the biggest grizzlies...all was true.Clayton believed in sasquatch untill his final day...while in hospital visiting Clayton he spoke about sasquatch..he also had me care for his hunting albums of John Wayne and other celebrity hunters...

Clayton was a fine man, not a bs'r I dont think the books do him justice in many ways.Clayton asked me if I believed in black bears ? I said yes...he then asked my IF I had ever found a dead black bear in the woods in my 25 years of hunting hiking fishing guiding...I said no.....You believe they live and die but have never found a dead bear as evidence of their existence.....

Do sasquatch exist ??? I have never seen one..I have seen strange things and heard strange things very strange things,over the 30 plus years in the woods...I have an open mind and dont discount anything , its only been what since the late 60's early 70's that we have found the celocanth a fish that was thought to be extinct for thousands of years..now hundreds of specimins have been caught....

Yes some people may be strange, act stranger, and believe totally wild ideas.....I havnt met these others..Pan Phillips was also NOT known to be a BULLSHITTER...believe what YOU may but ridicule of others beliefs doesnt add much to the discussion or evidence...my .02 cents...

Steven

Steven:

Thanks for taking the bold step forward and speaking about what was on your mind. It was sure good to hear your side of things.
Although I never had the chance to meet Clayton Mack, I did spend a good number of years commercial fishing for salmon and halibut up in his neck of the woods.
I have spoken with many credible and upstanding people—as well as a few nutty attention seekers—who have claimed to have seen what they believed was a sasquatch.
Once you learn a few things about these elusive creatures it's generally fairly easy to weed out the bulls++tters.
For the life of me though, I just can't see why any of these credible people would have dreamed up their possible sasquatch sighting stories and risked a mountain of ribbing and ridicule from others.
In any case, it seems that these sasquatch will remain a mystery until one turns up dead.

Bushman

browningboy
01-08-2007, 09:52 PM
What the hell kind of noise do they make, about 6 years ago we were hiked way up a hillside in the dense forest of Nahatlatch and sitting by a game trail and we heard ( 3 of us) the wierdest damn shreek ( like an elephant screaming) or something, I've heard alot of animals, moose, elk etc. and nothing ever made a sound like this, we all high tailed it back down, but friggin weird!

dougan
01-09-2007, 11:03 AM
queen charlotte natives are scared out of their skin of sasquatch!!!!!!!!!!!!

JMac
01-09-2007, 12:45 PM
MAN IS THIS FOR REAL?!?!?! Some of the best cougar hunters and wolf trappers that have ever lived and died would be p*ssin themselves right now if they could see that guys website and some of the comments that go with it. Since the beginning guys have been walking, driving, and sledding no mans land in this province for cats and wolves etc. How many tracks, kills, and remains have they found?! None/squat period. Tracks in the snow don't lie. If they truly did exist they'd be travelling/migrating (as single and family groups), hunting, living, and dying just as the wild animals in this province have done since the beginning. On the winter ranges where deer, moose, and elk are you don't see their tracks. The only tracks being made are wherever buddy from PG goes with his sasq. shaped snow shoes and bigfoot shaped gumboots. Hey that's my .02 cents.

srupp
01-09-2007, 03:19 PM
actually jmac..footprints have been found..both "Sasquatch and Yeti " tracks found in the highest Himalayas by seasoned sherpas and I believe the guys name was HILLARY..thats SIR Edmund Hillary....tracks that could not be identiefied, same goes here in BC and Oregon...some even show signs of dermal ridges, one set had an injury etc etc...

Browning boy..I know what Clayton said about their vocalizations...however Im not sure that i want to subjest my self to the incredulity and comments and tones..reflected by the nay sayers.

I repeat...I have not seen one however I am open to the possibility they exist.....I am not in any position to call Clayton a liar or bullshitter or????

He spent over 50 years in the most remote innacessable enviroment in Canada....and he believed....and he had nothying to prove or gain and a hell of a lot to lose by even speaking up...

Believe or not..but ridiculing those that do or have had experiences is not helping..

cheers
Steven

JMac
01-09-2007, 05:14 PM
Hey srupp no disrespect to yourself, Clayton Mack and or Sir Hillary. On my part this ain't gonna be a pissin match! Just good ole discussion! IMO in order for there to be a sustainable population in this day and age (or any other) I think there'd be a lot more sign than 1 or 2 tracks from here to Oregon to the Himalayas. Hey I haven't spent the last 50 years of my life in the bush only the last 12 averaging 250 plus days a year (yup no guff) and hey I know I haven't obviously seen or know it all. However, these are the questions/points I ask myself?! Recruitment is obviously vital to any species existing for generations, so where's Gramma and Grandpa, Mom and Dad and their offspring? How do they hunt? What do they eat? Where do they summer? Where do they winter? Where's the bones/remains? How come there hasn't been any hit on the highway? Hit By a train? Shot? Found delirious, deathly ill/sick? I ask myself this, cause every animal we know we have fits the mold and the questions can be answered!
P.S. I know a lot of seasoned climbers that don't know squat when it comes to wild animals and tracks. They know a lot about carabiners and rope IMO. A big ole aged hind foot of a bear track in the snow or mud could be Bigfoot or the Yeti. I noticed how one never hears of anyone finding multiple tracks in a row?! It's always "one" track. I've chased a few deer, moose, elk, cats, wolves, bears, and dogs in snow and dirt and they always leave a lot more than "one" track! Hey one day when are dogs trash out and tree one I'll be the first to kick my own *ss for saying what I believe here!

srupp
01-09-2007, 05:57 PM
jmac no pissin match here bro...I think all your points are valid and ones I too consider...
There have been lots of er "sightings " by police, drs, housewifes , laywers etc etc etc.....hmmm are laywers ever credible?? however there have been lots of tracks and sightings ....some from questionable folks however even a drug dopie MAY have seen something.....and lots of tracks ....have some been fake..absolutley..but all it takes is one to be legitiamate to prove their existence and I do have problems with 100% of every sighting and 100% of every track to be intentional fraud or accidental missidentification..

These sightings have been going on for hundreds of years with first nations...superstition or???

And Jmac you spend as much time as perhaps I do or certainly most others on this site each year out in the wilds....

in all that time how many dead black bears have you found ???s Clayton said just cuz you didnt find them certainly doesnt prove they dont exist.

I havnt followed Sasquatch happenings at all...I just listened to Clayton..and my own experinces and the odd show on Tv.

Do I personally believe ? I remain open with many of the same questions as do you....all I know is sure hope to hell IF they exist IM not lucky enough to see one....lol....

Good discussion exellent points you make..

Steven

JMac
01-09-2007, 06:10 PM
Steven, I've actually found 3 dead bears on seperate occasions. 2 were cubs that wolves had killed. (Yes wolves will kill cubs) The wolf scat on the road was full of their hair as well. I found a big ole lunker bear skull and spine with hair stuck in the vegetation in no mans land once too. You're right though I haven't found a lot. I've found a few dead bears after a loud bang however LOL!
JMac

Bushman
01-09-2007, 09:27 PM
Browningboy:

I have had several ear-witnesses (including some very close friends and hunting partners) tell me that the unidentified sounds they heard could be best described as a screaming roar with incredible volume. One of them even stated that the sounds he heard would have been impossible for any human or animal to duplicate without the assistance on a large amplifier.

Although sasquatch have also been suspected of making wood-knocking sounds on trees (possible communication) ape-like whooping sounds, unintelligible human-like chattering or mumbling and a long, almost wolf-like howling, the loud screaming roars seem to be meant as a deterrent to approaching humans. And, from what I've heard from many witnesses is that it generally works.

As to whether or not you and your hunting companions possibly heard a sasquatch up in the Nahatlatch Valley, you'll have to be the judge of that one once you carefully use the process of elimination.

JMac:

Recruitment is obviously vital to any species existing for generations, so where's Gramma and Grandpa, Mom and Dad and their offspring?

While I certainly don't claim to have all the answers on the sasquatch mystery, I have been quietly walking around in the bush for nearly 50 years with my eyes and mind open. I'll share a little of what I have learned below.

There have been several reports from witnesses that have claimed to have observed family units of sasquatch. One of the more famous incidents can be read here:
The Albert Ostman story:

http://home.clara.net/rfthomas/classics/ostman.html

How do they hunt? What do they eat?

One of the strangest stories I heard was from a seasoned trapper up north.
Seems he ran across a place where something was jumping from above on to the backs of deer and moose using a game trail. Whatever was jumping on to the backs of the unsuspecting animals was using small trees along the game trail to slow the running animals. At the bottom of the hill the trapper found remnants of many deer and moose with broken necks.

As near as can be estimated, sasquatch appears to be an opportunist omnivore that gathers its food from many different sources. Here's a few possible examples: five species of salmon, clams and mussels( both fresh and saltwater), cray fish, cattails, blackberries, sedge grasses, salmon berries, wild blueberries, thimble berries, huckleberries, mountain cranberries, mushrooms, insects like ants and grubs, tree bark, leaves and tender shoots of trees in spring, grubs, tree bark, pine and spruce needles, plant roots, wild nuts, mosses, aquatic plants, rodents, rabbits, mosses, mushrooms, frogs, moose, elk, bears, deer, rabbits, smaller fish, and anything else it could scavenge in its travels.

Where do they summer? Where do they winter?

First Nations people believe sasquatch is territorial and favours certain areas much like any other wild animal. I guess one could say that sasquatch are where you find them. As with moose, elk, deer, bears and birds, each seems to favour certain habitats during the seasons.

Sasquatch are also thought to migrate and follow available seasonal food sources.

First Nations people also claimed that sasquatch would utilize holes in the ground or caves during the winter months.

Where's the bones/remains?

If they seek remote and hidden places when they die naturally (like bears do) it's doubtful we will ever find remains of sasquatch. If they bury their dead as humans do, it's even less likely.

How come there hasn't been any hit on the highway? Hit By a train? Shot?

There has been several documented reports of each incident you mention but yet no body has ever turned up.

I'll go along with you on that point as one would suspect something should have turned up by now.

I noticed how one never hears of anyone finding multiple tracks in a row?! It's always "one" track.

You are dead wrong on that one. Read the following reports with photos:
Tracks in the snow:
http://home.clara.net/rfthomas/classics/snow.html
http://home.clara.net/rfthomas/bf_prints.html

All in all I have to say that I approach the subject of sasquatch with an open mind. However, until you see something with your own eyes it's extremely hard to believe that a creature reported to be a large as sasquatch could stay hidden from modern science for so many years. As I mentioned before, what's needed is a dead one to prove they exist.

Bushman

Mini_Me
01-10-2007, 05:10 PM
queen charlotte natives are scared out of their skin of sasquatch!!!!!!!!!!!!

Who isn't?

srupp
01-22-2007, 08:47 PM
ya Cody..on the occasion I have been hunting alone high on a mountain for sheep etc and closing my eyes and hear somethun strange...I wonder what would I do IF I spotted a 'sasquatch" (after changing my shorts )

photos? yes.... video yes.........and IF he got close?????or challenged me????

I wonder....but by wondering I realize I am open to the possibility they may exist....

Steven

Gateholio
12-12-2008, 11:16 PM
Best thing to do is pretend you never saw nothing....Erase it form your mind. Best option by far...:smile:

BigBanger
12-12-2008, 11:22 PM
What a thread to bring back for the new guys around here . Thanks .

goatdancer
12-13-2008, 12:19 AM
Sasquatch and Ogopogo? Are they real or are they a figment of someone's imagination? Sometimes the mind does strange things. Only time will tell. How long have these sightings been happening? I know some of the so called sightings have just been people trying to make a fast buck. Maybe some of the more honest ones mentioned here really did see something. Makes me want to get a bigger gun.

However, there are lots of UFO sightings.....

goatdancer
12-13-2008, 12:21 AM
My buddies wife looks like a sasquatch , so i cant say im not a beleiver.

Holy smokes. Have you actually seen a sasquatch to compare to?:shock::shock:

Fixit
12-13-2008, 12:55 AM
hey, sasquatch is real!!!! along with the abominable snowman, nessie, santa, the easter bunny and the promises coming out of Ottawa!!!! :-D

yeah, about the easterbunny? well i hate to be the one to tell you, but... um he's dead, yeah....

http://im1.shutterfly.com/media/47b8cc33b3127ccec58c5cb7296c00000040O02QZs2Lls0ZA9 vPg4/cC/f%3D0/ps%3D50/r%3D0/rx%3D550/ry%3D400/