PDA

View Full Version : Sturgeon fishin' after dark

Shop Lord
04-24-2006, 08:09 AM
The sturgeon fishing is starting to pick up a bit. I've caught 7 so far this season before the weekend, the biggest being around 5 feet. Lost a couple of big ones though. We went to Lillooet to camp out and do some fishing, I figured at the very least we would "catch" a buzz. As soon as we got there my girlfriend hooked into a 3 foot fish with her brand new sturgeon set-up. We decided to stay at that hole until just before dark because we were camping at a different spot. Right at sunset I got a great bite and set the hook. About 25 minutes later we had a 5 foot fish on the shore. We left that hole, grabbed a pizza and went back to our camp. As soon as we got there I set up the rods with fishing bells and sat back to enjoy the fire and some cold ones. Around midnight my girfriend Siri starts yelling, "I got one, I got one!". The line screamed out of her reel and the fish surfaced acouple of times. Half an hour later she landed her fish, it was pushing 5 feet. By 1:30 am I was starting to pay less and less attention to my rod and more attention to the beer. Out of nowhere Siri says "hey, I can her your bell going." I listen for a second and sure enough I hear it. Ding, ding ........ DING, DING, DING !!!! The problem is that my rod is about 100 feet from the campfire and only held down by a rock. I make a mad dash over to my rod and grab it right out of the air. The tip was in the water and the but was swinging around wildly on the rest. I set the hook and the fight is on! The fish completely cleared the water 3 times which seems unusual with the water being so cold but I finally get it in. After about a 35 minute fight we landed the 6 foot 6 fish, the biggest of the season so far. The fish was super healthy and thick and would easily go 100 lbs.
Cooler full of beer.
Campfire on the beach.
100 + lbs sturgeon.
And a hot girl who loves to fish.
PRICELESS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!