PDA

View Full Version : Nanaimo Summer Classic

oldtimer
04-17-2006, 07:29 AM
I am hoping that someone can fill me in on this shoot on June 24/25.
The wife and I will hopefully be on the island at that time and I would like to shoot with you Island boys but I need some info.
1. Is it an endurance test or a nice walk in the bush ??
2. Food at the site ??? lunch ??
3. Flighting on the Sunday ???
4. Categories ? do they lump the open shooters and the unlimited together in the masters age group ??
5. Spot shoot ???
6. Mulligans ?? free or pay ??
7. Approx. cost ??
8. Will the organizers fit in a couple or single shooter with other shooters ??
Hope to see some HBC shooters there. Mike

sealevel
04-17-2006, 08:50 AM
mike after shooting with those island boys last month in nan. the course is a very easy one. The easyest i have ever walked around. Them coast guys have some differant way then we do no mulligans but if you miss you can shoot a second arrow for half. I would recommend you go shoot there the people are great and the course is made for an old guy with wonky knees.

Awishanew
04-17-2006, 08:56 AM
Oldtimer, I'll try answer your questions.
Our terrain is not very rough and only one spot has a bit of up and down. If you are even moderatly active you should be ok.
We serve lunch of hotdogs and hamburgers. Pop and coffee.
This flighting on Sunday I'm not sure of but there were novelty shoots in the evening.
There are sepatate catagories open and unlimited but no senior age catagorie. We have cubs then juniors then adults.
We have no mulligans and if we did I would strongly speak against paying for one. I consider a miss is a miss.
The cost last year was either 30 or 35 dollars for the two days.
As for shooting groups what we do is have a calendar set up with the same number of days as targets. Everyone just puts their name down where you want to begin and people are free to join you. We try to limit the groups about 6 as this helps not having a slow group hold everyone up. Hopes this helps. Last year on the Sat. night we had a potluck that turned out great with lots of barbequed sea food and wild meat. Lots of fun. In fact we are more interested in fun than having a life and death competition.

oldtimer
04-17-2006, 09:28 AM
sounds like a great time . as it gets closer we will let you know if we will be there. Sounds slightly different than our shoots but the wife and I love an adventure. If we do make it would like to find someone to shoot with us. The seafood barbeque sounds GREAT !!!!!! Mike