PDA

View Full Version : Proud Papa....part 2!!

willyqbc
03-28-2004, 05:55 PM
Sorry guys... gotta tell you about my kid again!!! Last weekend he shot against 4 kids approx 7-10 yrs old...shot 103/150 and came in second 8O winning score was 110. His score would have actually been 3rd in the youth catagory which is the next age up from cubs. This week-end we shot again and he posted a score of 102/105 and took 1st...not sure what there was for other kids in his catagory as we missed the ribbons being given out!! Keep in mind....he just turned 4 in February and shoots unassisted by me!! I think he's an archery prodigy :P Sorry again, just had to crow a bit...I'm so proud a him I could bust a gut!!! :D

PS. with Merrit shoot next week-end... who's going? Swamper, Oldtimer and I will be there!

Chris

Amphibious
03-28-2004, 05:58 PM
Damn! thats some kid! just think of what he will do when he ditches that little stick chucker and gets himself a nice rifle.... :P

willyqbc
03-28-2004, 06:08 PM
Amphib, he's allready shooting the .22 and .410. Does really well with the .410 and just loves the BOOM!! :lol: :wink:

Chris

3kills
03-28-2004, 06:38 PM
congrats for your son on the good job...i might stop in at the shoot next weekend just to check it out..

Nails
03-29-2004, 05:58 PM
Is the Merrit shoot a two day or 1 day and is it usually set during this time each year. I believe the question has been asked before but can't remember the answer. Wish I could join ya but no time left to book off.
Todd

willyqbc
03-29-2004, 09:40 PM
Merritt is a two day shoot, always the same week-end every year, and is usually the biggest 3d of the year here in B.C., 180+ shooters last year if I remember correctly! Too bad you can't make it Nails, should be a blast!

Chris

swamper
03-30-2004, 08:02 AM
If the number of shooters from Quesnel going to Merritt is any indication then the turnout should be pretty big. Like Willy says, I am going and my son and another fellow will be going with us. There will be at least 10 Quesnel shooters there. Looking forward to seeing some old friends that I haven't seen for a year or so. Didn't make many shoots last year, in fact the only out of town shoot I did was Prince George. This year will be a different story. So far have done 7 shoots, indoor and field and if all goes as planned should make at least 9 more. Am I obsessed???
Chris H.

Nails
03-30-2004, 11:27 PM
It sounds like you guys will have a good time. The Merritt shoot sure could be a possiblity next year with the boys. Good Luck to All.
Todd

3kills
04-03-2004, 07:30 PM
went out to the 3d shoot today went a lil late so i didnt get to see much...but i did here that willy's 4 year old son did some good shooting...