PDA

View Full Version : Off to the provincial indoors

Canuck2
04-12-2006, 09:47 PM
This weekend, the B.C. Indoor Championships are being held in Quesnel. I figure to leave here tomorrow after work and get up there in time to sight in Friday evening. The shoot is Saturday and Sunday and the whole affair should be a real bash, knowing those Quesnel guys.:mrgreen:

BowWalker, your derogatory remark about spotties did not go unnoticed. May your 3D score card overflow with 5's.:p :wink:

Anybody else heading to Quesnel?

Walksalot
04-13-2006, 05:52 AM
Good luck Jack and hope you strike lots of gold.

swamper
04-13-2006, 07:39 AM
Sorry I'm going to be away this weekend Jack. Hopefully we'll get a chance to meet soon. You'll have a ball with Willy and crew. Good luck.

greybark
04-13-2006, 08:30 PM
:smile: Hey Canuck2 , Good luck on your event . I think we may have shot in the same squad at the BC 3-D Championships in Rock Creek quite a few years back .

REMEMBER -- Keep Your Fingertab On --

Canuck2
04-18-2006, 11:44 AM
The B.C. Indoors was an awesome time; highly recommended to anyone who can get to such an event.

I shot like a sack of cow manure but had a great time regardless. I got to stay with willyqbc and his family and met all the parents (including oldtimer) for the first time. What great people! And they took a whole whack of first places in the shoot, too.

We shot both Saturday and Sunday and did 2 targets both days for a total of 60 arrows each day. My main bit of education occurred when I found out that only the little x ring counted as 10 - about the size of a dime. Sure makes you humble in a hurry.

Chris et al, thanks again for a terrific stay.

Greybark, I did shoot at the Provincial 3D championships when Rock Creek hosted them; we could very well have been in the same group.

Swamper, I was disappointed when I found out you'd not be in town. Next time.

oldtimer
04-18-2006, 12:31 PM
Jack it was great to meet you and glad you had a great time. Like you , my shooting SUCKED !!!!! but there was a hell of a lot of good times had anyways. Hope your shoulder recovers to the point of being bearable.
Because I wasn't in that " whack of people who took first " the ribbing will be relentless. Mike

willyqbc
04-18-2006, 12:51 PM
don't let Jack fool you with his humble nature...shoulder injury and all he still took 3rd place......pretty good for shooting like a sack of manure I'd say!!:wink: We really enjoyed having Jack up for the week-end.....a real class act!
And yes the family did quite well, the wife and I shot well enough to win but not quite where we wanted to be so that was a bit of a let down. My Mom took her category in her first attempt at indoor competition so were pretty proud of her as well. As is usual for us my little guy was the story however, he burned the place down..... out of a total possible of 1200 he eclipsed the provincial record by exactly 500 points:shock:, truth be told he eclipsed the provincial record for the next age group up from him as well. If you check the records in a couple weeks you will also see my wife in there as well as her score was also a provincial record.
....there....nuff braggin for now! :grin:

Chris

PS...don't worry Oldtimer we won't rib you too bad....we know your old and feeble so we don't expect much from ya!!:wink:

Chris

Bow Walker
04-18-2006, 01:53 PM
:roll:............and here I had thought that I had gotten away with it :wink:

Good catch and good luck on Quesnel this weekend Canuck2 !!:-D

Dan.