PDA

View Full Version : Slowcooker Goose with Noodles

rbduck
04-10-2006, 08:31 PM
I just joined this site and am an avid waterfowler. Hopefully you folks will enjoy my recipes now and then.

A loaf of French garlic bread goes good with this
Ingredients1 14 oz can stewed tomatoes1 green pepper1 large pkg broad noodles2 large white onions2 medium sized carrots1 red pepper2 stalks of celery4 whole goose breasts( 2 birds), cubed

InstructionsPeel and slice onions, then simmer covered for 1 hour or until caramelized
Peel and cut all vegetables into 2' matchstick sized pieces
Cube the breast meat

Dump stewed tomatoes into slow cooker, add mixed vegetables, goose cubes, caramelized onions.
Cook on low heat for approx. 12 to 14 hours.
Prepare broad noodles as directed on pkg.
When all is ready, mix together 2 tbsp flour and 1 cup water to form a paste or add one small can of tomato paste Slowly add to goose mixture to make a thick gravy(stir well).
Divide noodles onto 4 plates, cover with goose mixture and serve with garlic bread.

I find a nice light ice cold Lager goes well with this dish. Enjoy!

Ron:mrgreen:

Iron-Head
04-10-2006, 09:01 PM
Wow that sounds very good I will be sure to try this recipe when goose opens up this fall.......Got any recipes for bear.?
Symon
p.s. Welcome to the sight.!

mrdoog
04-10-2006, 09:07 PM
Welcome!
I've only hunted geese a few times.
My best hunt was outside of Viking, Ab.
It was very windy, and needless to say the geese had a hard time clearing the hedgerows between the fields.
No water, no dogs needed, just shooting geese, and a few ducks.
My cousin lives in Edmonton and hunts geese all the time, told me that we were spoiled and not to expect that type of hunt every time.
Don't care, we had an incredible hunt.
My cousin wouldn't keep any of the Snows, he said they were awful to eat.
I breasted out all my Snows, they were very good, used a recipe close to what you posted.
I shot a monster Canadian, we had that for our Christmas dinner!
What's your opinion on Snow Geese?

rbduck
04-10-2006, 09:37 PM
Mr Doog, I use the Snowgeese in the same recipes as I do Canadas. Or....save all the leg/thighs from Snows, fill a crockpot with them and cook on low for 12 hours. Cool, pick out bones/tendons and chop meat very fine. Now, make a soup or add mayo/seasoning/diced dills/anything else you might fancy. Mix together and heap on some large Kaiser rolls, like a Sloppy Joe, hot or cold.
Here in Manitoba we have very liberal limits for Snows (20 daily, 80 possession with a spring hunt also) and a lot of my friends save all the meat and get them turned into pepperoni sticks too.
Try cutting breasts crosswise very thinly and thread onto bamboo skewers and BBQing them 3 minutes on each side, just don`t overcook. Meat should be just pink.

.........more recipes to follow

Fred
04-10-2006, 11:37 PM
For heavens sakes guys, don't encourage him. He has been rubbing my nose in the fantastic Goose hunting in the central flyway for a couple of years! Me and Ex are going to have to hunt overtime to get even with him!! :mrgreen: Fred

rbduck
04-11-2006, 06:32 AM
:mrgreen:

http://www.hunt101.com/img/317992.JPG (http://www.hunt101.com/?p=317992&c=525&z=1)

Good eatin eh Fred?

Fred
04-11-2006, 08:31 AM
Well, at least you have the good sense to use a pump gun! :mrgreen: Fred