PDA

View Full Version : Another newbie here(Manitoba)

rbduck
04-10-2006, 08:38 AM
Hello from Manitoba folks. I was invited here by Fred. He says there are no members here from Manitoba and maybe you folks would like my imput.
I am originally from B.C., born and raised in Vancouver, spent 4 yrs stationed in Victoria in the Navy, moved to Smithers in 68, then to Winnipeg in 76.
I`m mostly a waterfowler, but also hunt big game,upland, and varmints. I reload and love cooking wild meat(always experimenting). Was a member of the Manitoba Pointing Dog Assoc. for 10 yrs. I hunt with BP, rifle, and shotgun, and have sidearms. Hope to hear from you.

Ron:mrgreen:

MB_Boy
04-10-2006, 08:52 AM
Hello from Manitoba folks. I was invited here by Fred. He says there are no members here from Manitoba and maybe you folks would like my imput.
I am originally from B.C., born and raised in Vancouver, spent 4 yrs stationed in Victoria in the Navy, moved to Smithers in 68, then to Winnipeg in 76.
I`m mostly a waterfowler, but also hunt big game,upland, and varmints. I reload and love cooking wild meat(always experimenting). Was a member of the Manitoba Pointing Dog Assoc. for 10 yrs. I hunt with BP, rifle, and shotgun, and have sidearms. Hope to hear from you.

Ron:mrgreen:

Welcome to the forum Ron......I am an "ex-Toban" relocated to Van about 12 years ago...but still do all of my hunting back there with my Dad. Usually try and get back every second year for a fly-in moose hunt up on the East side of Lake Wpg.....and try and make most falls for some BP hunting for whitetails and then the first few days of rifle season. Although I love the waterfowl huntin' back there.....(we used to hunt up around Riverton/Hecla).....it is a bit tough to justify a separate flight back for a few days of birds.

Again.....sit back and enjoy!!

Scott

huntwriter
04-10-2006, 08:55 AM
Hi and welcome Ron, always nice to see new people here. Maitoba, eh. That's the land where they have a lot of big heavy antlered whitetails.:D

Fred
04-10-2006, 09:13 AM
Yup, Welcome from me 3 Ron. You are going to like this place. It is just as respectable as BOOC used to be. Fred

moose hunter
04-10-2006, 01:29 PM
welcome aboar brother hunter:mrgreen:

Bow Walker
04-10-2006, 04:33 PM
Welcome Ron, looking forward to your input and discussions....

CanAm500
04-10-2006, 07:39 PM
Welcome to the forum.

bsa30-06
04-10-2006, 07:46 PM
rbduck, i recognize this name from another forum welcome to the site you'll like it here we got alot of good people here.oh yeah if you read enough of moose hunters posts you can begin to figure out what he is saying(most of the time).(just kidding moose hunter)

death-junky
04-10-2006, 09:09 PM
welcome man this is a great sight to just talk about hunting :D
ttyal
Riley

rock
04-10-2006, 09:17 PM
Manitoba eh? brings back memories of camorton hunting on the farms there, still have relatives living back there, welcome to the sight I'm sure you'll enjoy .

kishman
04-22-2006, 01:51 PM
Welcome aboard, I used to fish at Pine Falls Manitoba back when I had inlaws there. And no, I don't hold that against the place:-D

Kishman