PDA

View Full Version : Insert glue?

BowSitter
04-06-2006, 10:26 PM
I was wondering what type of insert or point glue you find to be the best for carbon arrows? Also where to buy it! Thanks... Ron

sealevel
04-07-2006, 06:09 AM
permatex super glue get it from napa. Clean the carbon dust out of the inside first with alcahaul and a qtip i have never had one pull out doing it like that.

calvin L
04-07-2006, 06:12 AM
I use a glue from lock tight it used to be called black max for the insets I have never had one come out . I have broken arrows trying to remove the inserts after . and i use a glue for the vanes that used to be called prism . I have never lots a vane . you have to cut them off and clen up the shaft with fine sand paper or steel wool . hope this helps .
calvin L

willyqbc
04-07-2006, 07:33 AM
the new Loc-tite super glue is working EXTREMELY well....don't use it on anything you might want to pull out later cause even with heat its not gonna come out. Also really happy with the new fletch tite platinum for fletches.

Chris

FullDraw
04-08-2006, 10:09 AM
I have tried all the fast drying glues, they work for a while then your inserts come out. The best stuff I have seen yet is G1 epoxy, I have never lost one insert yet using G1. The down side is the set up time is about 24 hrs but it's worth the wait. You can buy it at a number of places but Lee Valley Tools sells it and they sell on-line as well.

FullDraw

REDGREEN
04-08-2006, 10:28 AM
Another vote for the epoxy. I've never had anything that I stuck with it come apart.