PDA

View Full Version : Loose string supressor

Riverjet
06-09-2010, 05:47 PM
I discovered the setscrew that secures my string supressor rod/shaft has come loose. Is the string supposed to touch the rubber tip of the supressor or should there be a gap between the two?:confused:

Bowzone_Mikey
06-09-2010, 06:00 PM
its really personal preferance and dependant on the supppressor that you have ... I have Vibracheck Backstops on both my bows that I use supressors on ... and I have them just barely touching the string without putting any pressure into it ... I can slip a peice of paper between it without much effort ..... also a good idicator of when your string has stretched out

Bow Walker
06-09-2010, 08:53 PM
Yup - what he said. There should be just a tad bit of "daylight" between the rubber stop of the suppressor and the string.

Ambush
06-09-2010, 09:57 PM
Yup - what he said. There should be just a tad bit of "daylight" between the rubber stop of the suppressor and the string.

I just bought a PSE Bow Madness for a back-up bow and it comes stock with a string suppressor. The instuctions in the PSE manual say to put the rubber just touching the string and then ADVANCE to the next set of holes for locking. So they are asking for about an 1/8" pressure on the string.

It might be wise to try both and see if there is any noticeable noise difference. There is definitely an arrow impact difference with or without the stopper.

jessbennett
06-10-2010, 07:44 AM
I just bought a PSE Bow Madness for a back-up bow and it comes stock with a string suppressor. The instuctions in the PSE manual say to put the rubber just touching the string and then ADVANCE to the next set of holes for locking. So they are asking for about an 1/8" pressure on the string.

It might be wise to try both and see if there is any noticeable noise difference. There is definitely an arrow impact difference with or without the stopper.

that is because with a full 1/8 of pressure on the string id think that you arent getting your full power stroke. thus losing performance and possibly accuracy. not to mention that the string suppressor is going to take a shit kicking and have a very short life span.
i would sooner have it just away from the string to begin with. less to worry about. having that solid contact will wear that thing out way faster. spend all that time practicing, wear it out, not notice and then take a shot at an animal and have your poi off because your suppressor is worn out would suck....
just my opinion tho. everyone does things there own way.:mrgreen:

greybark
06-10-2010, 08:44 AM
:-D Shoot one of the original longbows and you need a Ring Suppressor !!!:-D
Cheers

Bow Walker
06-10-2010, 10:34 AM
I think it's also a good idea to wrap some serving thread around the string where it hits the stopper. Saves a lot on wear and tear of the string.