PDA

View Full Version : Malahat Shoot

bochunk2000
04-03-2006, 07:47 PM
The next shoot is on the Malahat at the VFG club. I will be up there on Saturday to set up and Sunday to help out as well. I hope we have a good turn out. It should be fun. Cross your fingers and hope the weather cooperates. Steve.

3D4Me
04-04-2006, 10:50 PM
Bochunk,

We were thinking about coming down this weekend. My son was sick last time and we had to pack it in half way. It was a real nice set-up (though I bent a few arrows on moss covered rocks). I know... if I hit the targets, I don't have to worry about rocks.

Did you guys have ribbons for the juniors and cubs last time?

Thanks,

Ken

bochunk2000
04-06-2006, 09:18 AM
I will habe a look While I'm up there tomorrow. I might be doing most of it this time as Martin the guy who normally runs these Might be a little preoccupied...His wife just had a baby. I will try and make sure that there are ribbons for at least the juniors and cubs. I will let you know tomorrow night.
Steve.

Bow Walker
04-06-2006, 06:40 PM
Weather report has the possibility of showers for Saturday and Sunday.

Will that deter anybody??

I thought not. 3Der's and/or hunters do not melt in the rain. Spotties might but that is (as yet) unproven.

Rumour has it that there will be some competition coming down from Nanaimo. Some of the shooters that were at the Courtenay 2-day shoot are feeling lucky and are intent on trying their luck. Maybe they think that the Vic F&G cannot put on a competitive shoot? Well time will tell!

Looking forward to an enthusiastic event and a good turn out. I wonder if Ed Wowchuk will be there???? His brother has been at quite a few shoots lately.

Bow Walker
04-09-2006, 05:47 PM
Congratulations to Steve and Martin for another fine shoot at the Malahat Archery course. :!:

The circuit was well organized, safe, and fun. Great job guys.

The weather held off in the morning - it was actually raining in Vict. but by the time I got to the top of the Malahat the sun was trying to peak out in spots and there was no rain at all. We got sprinkled on in the afternoon round, but that only helped to cool off some of the shooters. Zack, you need to wear a jacket, you're going to catch a cold again.

Yours truly was lucky enough to place second in the compound unlimited. But let me put that in perspective for you........there were only six or seven of us in that division this time around. First place went to a fellow by the first name of Robert (sorry Robert, I didn't get your last name) with a score of 357 if I remember correctly. Fine shooting Robert!

3D4ME and his two kids were there, again. Good to see the young ones so enthusiastic about the sport. Lawrence, from Nanaimo, brought his three kids down for the day and by all reports they enjoyed themselves immensely. Great kids as well. Can't be his can they??

There was even a shooter who travelled all the way down from Black Creek to take part in the days events. I say events because lunch was an event all by itself - BBQ'd hot dogs, burgers, smokies, cheese smokies and such. It was great. As usual I took a sandwich but I just had to go over and buy two of those enormous dogs - just to support the club, you know;-).

The total number of shooters was the only downside of today, there were only something like 18 or 20 of us. Sh...y turnout considering the number of archers in the local area. The day was not that bad guys:!:.:-(

Everyone that did come out had a super time - as usual for the Malahat shoots. Ribbons for the kids and me. Really nice ones too. Better than some other clubs, I can tell you!

Keep up the good work up there. Your time will come.

bochunk2000
04-10-2006, 09:07 AM
Thanks for the support Dan. I think the shoot went well, It sure would be nice to get more shooters out. Maybe to the June shoot? Steve.
PS. Howcome I only saw one HBC hat other than mine?

3D4Me
04-11-2006, 09:20 PM
I talked to a couple of regulars tonight at the Cow Bowmen club who usually are at the 3D shoots who said they didn't know about the malahat shoot, and were p*ssed because they would have come.

Just wondering if attendance was lower cause the word wasn't out?

We still had a great time.

bochunk2000
04-12-2006, 06:27 AM
It was posted on the 3D schedule. I'm not sure why people might not have known about it. I guess we could call the clubs and remind them about the next one.

Bow Walker
04-12-2006, 06:12 PM
Not a valid excuse in my opinion. If people are interested in shootig 3D then they will (Iand should) automaticaly check any and all shoot schedules that they can find. Wouldn't you?

There are lots of ways to check shoot schedules - including the ones posted on the Cowichan Bowmen's own site ! !

Canuck2
04-12-2006, 09:37 PM
Maybe this will help some; spread the word to anyone that might find it useful. If you know of other 3D shoots that aren't included here, please let me know.

http://www.angelfire.com/bc/canuck2/3D2006.html