PDA

View Full Version : Crabbing - April Fool's.

MB_Boy
04-03-2006, 11:11 AM
So we dropped a couple of traps out off of the Teahouse (English Bay) on Saturday and got mixed results. First off.......some jacka$$es poached one of our traps. I wasn't DFO as both floats for the traps were well labelled. There were about 3 or 4 other floats out there when we dropped our traps and when we returned about 4 hours later one of them had been taken along with the other floats. http://www.bcfishingreports.com/forum/images/smiles/icon_evil.gif http://www.bcfishingreports.com/forum/images/smiles/icon_rolleyes.gif It was strange as we were not really out of view of the traps for too long and it was maddening.

So we pulled up the other trap and had a total of 18 crabs in it........unfortunately only 5 males of keeper size but they still made for a good eat on Saturday night.

Definitely will be out again in the next little while.

PS.......don't forget that the "salt" licenses expired on March 31rst. I had got mine, but no one else on the boat remembered so we had to whip into the gas dock at the entrance to false creek.

I'll post up a few pics of the last few trips when I get some time.

NEEHAMA
04-03-2006, 11:33 AM
that sucks, when i sneak a few crab out of somebody's trap i always put a two beer in the trap. then it's not a total loss for the poor guy. cold beer!! oh and i will re-bait it if it's a good score.

MB_Boy
04-03-2006, 11:50 AM
that sucks, when i sneak a few crab out of somebody's trap i always put a two beer in the trap. then it's not a total loss for the poor guy. cold beer!! oh and i will re-bait it if it's a good score.

LMAO!! :-D :-D

Johnnybear
04-03-2006, 05:35 PM
At least you put full beers in the trap. I've had mine robbed clean of crabs and to boot all they left were empties. At least they didn't steal the traps. That sucks MB:sad: . I've only had one trap stolen in my life (knock on wood). I usually don't let them out of my site or stay away from "known" theft area's.

MB that's a good haul for 1 trap. Hope you enjoyed em:D .

death-junky
04-05-2006, 03:09 PM
NO when you steal from a trap you are sapose to put a bottle of booze at least the size of a 26er :mrgreen: 8) ;-) :-P
ttyal
Riley