PDA

View Full Version : Given a Bow and need some help.

New ABolt
05-20-2010, 11:10 AM
Ok so I am kinda new to HuntingBC and could not think of a better place to turn for some help. I have recently been given a Dunarco longbow with out a string. I cannot figure out how long of a string I should be buying for it. On the side of it is written; 48 lbs.
AMO. 64
From tip to tip without a string is 64 1/4". And from the inside of the notches for the string is 62 5/8".
Tried a local sporting goods store and we could not find any specs there either. Finding out that the string length is crucial in strength and accuracy I decide to hold off buying one till I get the right length.

I have looked on the net for the Dunarco web site and nothing. I have never owned a bow. But thought getting a free one would be a nice way to introduce myself to the sport. At the least, just target shooting would be fun. Or eventually graduating to hunting and/or a compound bow. So thank you in advance for any and all your help.

Onesock
05-20-2010, 11:13 AM
You will need a 60 inch string for this bow and may have to twist/untwist to get the proper brace height.

Coyote
05-20-2010, 12:21 PM
Dunarco is probably related to Les Dunston Archery out of Toronto. The link gives a bit of history. I would definitely NOT use fastflite or any modern string material. Use dacron B50 as it has more give.

http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/archive/index.php/t-214194.html

Good luck

'yote

Coyote
05-20-2010, 09:38 PM
I'd probably use a flemish twist string since they have more adjustment range than an endless string.

'yote

Muledeerjohn
05-25-2010, 01:38 PM
Well here's a number to call 250-679-2304. It's Tim's Archery out of Chase. Talk to Tim as he has a pro-shop here and deal's in just about anything. He'll be able to help for sure;)