PDA

View Full Version : posting pictures

gutpile
05-16-2010, 02:31 PM
How do i post pictures to gallery if my pictures are to big ?

Bow Walker
05-17-2010, 09:27 AM
Go to the Gallery here. Go to "My Gallery" within the pic gallery. Go to "Upload Pictures". Go to "Browse". Find the pics you want to upload and open them. Click "Submit". Presto - your own picture gallery where you can "Copy" and "Paste" pictures into threads and/or replies.

Best of all - there's no size limit. It's not like fishing.

gutpile
05-17-2010, 10:18 AM
Thanks for the info.

branthunter
05-17-2010, 10:50 AM
Go to the Gallery here. Go to "My Gallery" within the pic gallery. Go to "Upload Pictures". Go to "Browse". Find the pics you want to upload and open them. Click "Submit". Presto - your own picture gallery where you can "Copy" and "Paste" pictures into threads and/or replies.

I followed these instructions but can only get the URL to copy/paste. How do you get the picture image itself to copy into the body of the post?

Bow Walker
05-17-2010, 02:17 PM
I "open" the picture in "My Gallery" and then "Right-click" and select "Copy" from the drop-down menu.

Go to the thread/post/reply and then "Right-click" again. Select "Paste" from the drop-down menu. Viola!

drakfero
05-17-2010, 08:29 PM
why it doesn't resize the pictures by itself automaticly?

gutpile
05-19-2010, 01:51 AM

I tried that but what i got was exceeds filesize limit so what do i do next ?

Steeleco
05-19-2010, 08:17 AM
If your copying a picture from the HBC gallery and trying to incorporate it in a post here. You'll need to do an extra step. As follows:

your pictures link here Coloured for clarity!!!

Also if your file is too big, it won't upload to the site in the first place, you'll either need to reduce it on your computer first, or post the picture to one of many hosting sites that will autosize it for you. I use www.photobucket

branthunter
05-19-2010, 11:34 AM
If your copying a picture from the HBC gallery and trying to incorporate it in a post here. You'll need to do an extra step. As follows:

your pictures link here Coloured for clarity!!!

Also if your file is too big, it won't upload to the site in the first place, you'll either need to reduce it on your computer first, or post the picture to one of many hosting sites that will autosize it for you. I use www.photobucket

There, finally again---did it through using Photobucket "copy image" function.

http://i368.photobucket.com/albums/oo126/branthunter/brantflock-surftakeoff.jpg

Bow Walker
05-19-2010, 03:54 PM
Great shot - well worth the wait.

CoombsGuy
05-23-2010, 12:25 PM
Gorgeous shot... What kinda camera do you have?!?

branthunter
05-24-2010, 11:05 AM
Nikon D50 with a 55-200mm zoom.

Bow Walker
05-24-2010, 05:15 PM
Gotta love thos Nikon's. I use a D40.