PDA

View Full Version : Herring

Iron-Head
03-29-2006, 07:04 PM
Well i went down to the government wharf today to go and check things out and man it was crazy,There where sea lions absolutely everywhere............. And litterally millions of herring.:eek: After going home and getting my little rod and setting up a herring jigg I went back down and tried my luck at jigging a few.:p After about 15 minutes i had at least 30 in my bucket and lost about the same amount. But then the sea lions came to my little honey hole that hadnt been feeding from yet and scared them all to hell.So i went down the dock and found another place that hadnt been disturbed yet and started fishing.........I got mabey 15 more in my bucket and a lost a couple when all of a sudden theres a HUGE brown streak in the water and my line just goes SNAP before any tention is even brought up to it.That DAMN sea lion took my entire herring jigg and about 100yrds of 6 lb test line:tongue:.Oh well at least i have a story to tell.:-D

mrdoog
03-29-2006, 10:58 PM
Good story Symon.
Try sitting out in Quarry Bay, all by yourself, mooching for cohoes.
Your reel starts screaming, and you think you have the world's biggest spring on.
After a 30 minute fight, a big brown blob floats up, 5 metres behind your boat.
Hooked a sea lion, and it's almost as big as the boat you're in.
Couldn't cut the line fast enough.

Iron-Head
03-29-2006, 11:58 PM
Wow that must have been somthing to see.I caught a seal beach fishing for coho and i was just casting and retrieving a buzz bomb and i hooked a young harbour seal and landed him poor thing had the whole side of his face cut up he was quite tame when it came to unhooking him though.!

Iron-Head
03-30-2006, 10:00 PM
Does or is anyone else taking advantage of these awsome "lil" critters. Thurr a blast to catch and there great pickled and just today i got 246 (i counted) of them in about 45 minutes Lol.I cant wait to never have to buy bait again this summer :-D.
Symon