PDA

View Full Version : Canvas Backs

Marc
03-29-2006, 09:12 AM
Saw a dozen or so Canvas backs on the Gorge this morning heading into Esquimalt. I saw then the day before but wasn't sure exactly what the were as they were a bit far but this morning they were swimming right by the bridge as I crossed on Admirals Rd. First time I've seen any in my life. Beautiful looking bird. They’re supposed to be fabulous eating.

MB_Boy
03-29-2006, 10:10 AM
They’re supposed to be fabulous eating.

Marc....they are pretty good eating. We used to get them occasionally if we were duck hunting in Western MB.

Fred
03-29-2006, 10:31 AM
Marc....they are pretty good eating. We used to get them occasionally if we were duck hunting in Western MB.

Weren't they supposed to be protected Mbboy? Redheads and Canvas backs were when I was hunting in Man. Fred

MB_Boy
03-29-2006, 10:58 AM
Weren't they supposed to be protected Mbboy? Redheads and Canvas backs were when I was hunting in Man. Fred

You were allowed to take 1 or 2 I think it was? There was a restriciton on the possesion limit of both CBacks and Redheads. We primarily hunted up around Hecla but on the odd trip over to the west side of the province you would see a few out that way.