PDA

View Full Version : Request For Help

Vinny
04-24-2010, 01:57 PM
Here's the skinny, got my new Bowtech Destroyer 350 yesterday and am trying to paper tune it. This is the first time I have tried to do this myself and have run into a problem. I thought that it would be simple, look at the tear, compare with chart, make adjustments as needed, test and then put the paper away. Not so easy because the first shot nock hi, second to the left, 3rd bullet hole, 4th to the right, then 2 more nock hi. Fletch contact maybe?? Bow set at 64 lbs, 27.5 draw length, Easton Epic N-fused 340's at 28.75" with 100 grain field points, ripcord fallaway rest.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Bowzone_Mikey
04-24-2010, 02:33 PM
at first look ... I would suspect that your arrows are a little stiff ...but the destroyer is a a more agressive cam system

first off I would try a 125 grain point just for giggles to see how they are comming off ...

thinking deeper i would also suspect that your cams are not 100%in time with other and you might have a bit of nock travel going on .... this is a brand new bow straight from factory is it not? shoot 100-200 more arrows and let the string settle and stretch out ...after 200 shots if its still going .. spent the 100 bucks for a custom set up.

rule out fletch contact with some Dr. scholls footpowder ...spray that on fletches ... lok for residule after the shot ... adjust rest timing as nessesary

Vinny
04-24-2010, 04:19 PM
thanks, I'll try that. Got at 100 through it already(short dist. in garage cause it raining/snowing) but at least I'm getting to shoot it. I adjusted my rest some and things cleared up some so maybe a little contact. Groupng so well now that I have to shoot at different spots on target or buy new arrows. I gotta say that I love this bow, just wish the weather would clear so I can try it at distance. Thanks again Bowzone, and I may try a couple of arrows with a little less spine and see how that goes.

Bowzone_Mikey
04-24-2010, 08:40 PM
without actually seeing the bow ... its tough to diagnose ... but thats what I would look at first .. Factory strings take a long time to settle ...

you wont really notice your groups when the strings are settled in untill you get out to distance

Bow Walker
04-25-2010, 08:54 AM
Fast and cheap check for alignment would be to prop the bow up vertically and check for "center shot" by lining the string up with the two cam string grooves and then following the string to where it crosses the arrow rest.

Is the string in the middle of the rest? Does it bi-sect the arrow rest right in the middle of the arrow groove? Look up a tad further. Does the string cross thru the middle of your sight pins?

If no to any of the above questions, adjust accordingly. That will give you a place from which to start paper tuning.

Just a stray thought....hope it helps. Good luck.