PDA

View Full Version : Merrit, who is going?

Kirby
03-21-2006, 02:29 PM
Well, only 10 days till the merrit shoot, so lets see who else is going. I'll be there. I'll try to bring some of the local shooters out too.

Also, directions to the shoot?? Which way out of merrit etc?

Kirby

sealevel
03-21-2006, 02:36 PM
I will thats one of my faverate shoots. Go west towards spences bridge and turn on the logan lake road there will be signs.

oldtimer
03-21-2006, 02:46 PM
As far as I know Kirby the whole family will be coming. 6 shooters counting the grandkids. We are staying at the motel with the water slides. If I remember correctly it was easy to find. Go east to a spot called 3 corners I think then turn right and up past the pit. Was well marked if memory serves me. Mike

270WIN
03-21-2006, 02:48 PM
I will be there had a blast last year

sealevel
03-21-2006, 02:53 PM
Who`s into a HBC shot a douloony winner takes all??

willyqbc
03-21-2006, 02:55 PM
i dunno what language yer speakin there merv but if were shooting for bucks or beers count me in!:mrgreen:

Chris

sealevel
03-21-2006, 02:59 PM
Okay a toony in the pot winner takes all money and braggen.

willyqbc
03-21-2006, 03:04 PM
sounds good merv, but don't let oldtimer whine and snivel his way into getting us to spot him points:-P (he's always tryin that), hell, he'd try and get my 6 year old to spot him some if he figured he could get away with it!! HEHEHEHE!!!

Chris

Kirby
03-21-2006, 06:43 PM
Merv, sounds good to me! I can use some of Willyq's money:biggrin: :razz:

We'll have to the HBC boys together for a couple wobblies, would be nice to meet somemore of the people on the board.

Kirby

rock
03-21-2006, 09:48 PM
Well never shot in a competition before but if I can get some time of work I'll come along as a spectator to see what its all about.

Kirby
03-21-2006, 10:19 PM
Rock, if your coming, ya might as well bring the bow, its alot of fun. even if your just out for a round or two.

Hope to see you there.

Kirby

oldtimer
03-21-2006, 10:58 PM
well sounds good to me. Seein as how I shoot in the old farts category and the eyes are goin what do you say to 30 points a side ?? he he he oh yea got a bum knee too - should be worth another 5 points' See you guys there on friday afternoon if they let me out of the home on time. Mike

sealevel
03-22-2006, 10:38 AM
oldtimer :D you might be able to buys some pionts with beer:D

Kirby
03-22-2006, 11:24 AM
Oldtimer, Tell ya what, I'll give ya my points and we split the pot?:D

Kirby

willyqbc
03-22-2006, 11:59 AM
even that ain't gonna help ya Kirby...I'm gonna beat ya like a rented mule and leave ya fer dead by the side of the trail.....twoonies jingling in my pocket as I walk away!!!:tongue: Hopin like heck that my new bow is here and set to go for Merritt.....not looking all that promising though!

Chris

Kirby
03-22-2006, 12:02 PM
Hopin like heck that my new bow is here and set to go for Merritt.....not looking all that promising though!

Chris

What you picking up to start slinging with???
Well see who is talking trash on the 2nd!:cool: :biggrin:

Kirby

sealevel
03-22-2006, 12:58 PM
Hopefully willie will get his new bow the day before and can`t hit the broadside of a barn door with it.Then all i have to do is beat kirby and his arrows bounce out so i can allready feel them twoonies jinglinghttp://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/images/icons/icon10.gifhttp://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/images/icons/icon14.gif

willyqbc
03-22-2006, 02:17 PM
Kirby, i have been waiting about 3 weeks on a new Ultra-tec. Xt3000 limbs, cam 1/2, 75% L/O. I shot a buddy of mines and it was pretty sweet......he is getting 300fps even at 64#'s slightly over 5GPP at a draw length that is an inch shorter than mine. It should be quiet, smooth and flat shooting. If it was in stock it should have been here within 2 weeks so I'm guessing it wasn't in stock so it will take the standard 4-6 weeks. I guess I'l just have to sling with my bowtech....shot 578/600 in Willy's puddle with it last sunday.....I think I'll be okay till the new one gets in! :wink:

Chris

cowboy-up69
03-22-2006, 02:18 PM
I'll be going to Merritt, if I get enough practise in, I might shoot. But be there for sure though.
Can someone let me know where it is though, plz!!??

oldtimer
03-22-2006, 02:30 PM
Sea Level don't count the old fart out !! Mike

sealevel
03-22-2006, 02:39 PM
I`m not counting any one out mike i`am not that good myself !! but there has to be more than the four of us that want to play.

swamper
03-22-2006, 03:02 PM
I'll be down Friday night and camping at the site. Looking forward to this shoot. Count me in on the money shoot. We should plan on all getting together Saturday night for a few wobblies. Just look for the loudest crew and that's where we'll be. Bows, beer and guitars, what more could a guy ask for.

cowboy-up69
03-22-2006, 06:18 PM
I'll be down Friday night and camping at the site. Looking forward to this shoot. Count me in on the money shoot. We should plan on all getting together Saturday night for a few wobblies. Just look for the loudest crew and that's where we'll be. Bows, beer and guitars, what more could a guy ask for.

Im in!!! :D

Kirby
03-22-2006, 06:25 PM

I'll be there again, not sure I'm sleeping in the car or the tent this time.:razz: Looking forward to sharing a couple more wobblies with you Q-town boys.

Kirby

oldtimer
03-22-2006, 07:30 PM
If we work this right guys we can have a bunch of HBC folks shoot together. Remebering that we have wives and kids that shoot together we should be able to get some good groups together,as for me I will shoot with anybody, kids wifes etc. If everybody lists their preferences we can pre plan. I know swamper likes to shoot reasonably fast and with out a bunch of babble. Chris likes to shoot with people of a similar skill level ( he hunts knocks ) Me and the missus will shoot with anybody , even the very talkative grandaughter, as long as we all end up at the end of the day having a good time. Here at the home it is hard to have a good time, hope they let me out in time to get down there.One thing for sure I want at least one side with Kirby. Mike

sealevel
03-22-2006, 07:43 PM
Do you have anyone to push your wheelchair mike or can you hobble on your own. I am going to be on my own this year leaving my grandson at home so if if they let you out of the home in time i wouldn`t mind shooting a round with you.

swamper
03-22-2006, 07:45 PM
Hey Mike, I'm bringing a rookie this time. But she's been practicing hard and really is looking forward to her first ourdoor shoot. And just like Willy, I'll hunt nocks any chance I get. We should talk about having another potluck at Hairball's Bar and Grill.

oldtimer
03-22-2006, 08:09 PM
Chris --- excellent idea !!! I will pack some venison steaks and plan on a get together on Saturday nite. Make sure you park on a flat spot so I can hobble around OK. The home won't let me bring the motorized chair so will have to hoof it.
We should be able to figure out groups on Friday nite , or all meet at Swampers camper on Saturday morn and set the groups then.
Looking forward to this one. Mike

oldtimer
03-22-2006, 08:12 PM
So far I see

oldtimer
03-22-2006, 08:30 PM
So far I see this as " the group "
1 Chris ( willyq ) a legend
2 Samantha better than the " legend
3 Michael , probably going to be the " legend "
4 Alex will be the fashion queen of the shoot. Also gatherer of flowers.
5 Gramma barb, Baby sitter extrodinaire and rookie shooter
6 Swamper, Troubadour and landlord of Swampers Bar and Grill , also master chef of ribs.
7 Kathy, rookie shooter and significant other of above mentioned swamper and who has been known to grab Oldtimers butt.
8 Kirby, Shooter of some reknown and noted consumer of massive quantities of Quesnel cooking
9 Cowboy-up69 HHHMMMM an unknown quantity ???
10 Sealevel , a shooter of unknown capabilities but one who will wager freely
11 Oldtimer, Patriarch of the first 5 in the list and if they let him out of the home will enjoy the company of #6 to # 10 while he attempts to lighten their pocket books.
If I have missed anybody who wishes to join the group I apologize and for the rest of you " LET THE GAMES BEGIN " MIKE

Canuck2
03-22-2006, 10:35 PM
I'm getting depressed reading this.:cry:

Alas, I won't be able to come again this year. In fact, I haven't got to shoot Merritt yet. It seems to me I need to a better job of planning for next year; retiring this spring so it should be a whole lot easier to get away. At any rate, you all have a fine time - and take it easy on poor Chris if he still has to shoot that old bow.

Chris, looking forward to the Indoors; will talk to you soon.

Kirby
03-22-2006, 11:09 PM
Oldtimer, Sounds good to me. Definatly gotta get a side in with you on Sat, can't take the chance they going to be making groups up for sunday and we miss out again. I'll be down there early Saturday and plan on spending the night. I wouldn't mind getting a round in with Cowboy-up69

Kirby

BC4Bowhunter
03-22-2006, 11:16 PM
Well it is looking like I'm going to have to make my way to Merrit. Just can't miss a hoot of a shoot with you boys.:wink: :biggrin:

Kirby
03-22-2006, 11:47 PM
1 Chris(Willyq)
2 Samantha
3 Michael
4 Alex
5 Gramma barb
6 Swamper
7 Kathy
8 Kirby
9 Cowboy-up69
10 Sealevel
11 Oldtimer
12 BC4Bowhunter.

Sounds like we got a couple groups!

Kirby

cowboy-up69
03-23-2006, 02:33 AM
Still have no idea where the shooot is, can someone please tell me!!!! :D thanks

sealevel
03-23-2006, 06:54 AM
cowboy from merrit go west towards spences bridge out about 7 clicks is a store on you right. Turn right its the road to logan lake go up another few clicks past a mine. there will be signs from the store.

willyqbc
03-23-2006, 09:52 AM
don't count on being grouped on sunday Kirby, the last two times I have been to merritt I was flighted the second day and ended up alone at the stake sunday morning, seems to be happening more and more where folks ignore the flighting and just go shoot with there friends. Anyway back to the topic...who's bringing what to the potluck saturday night?

oldtimers bringing some deer steaks, but we will probably need several folks bringing steaks to have enough for everyone so i will throw in some too and hopefully one or 2 others will offer up some steaks. How about side stuff? Potatoe salad, buns etc? who's bringing what?

Chris

cowboy-up69
03-23-2006, 10:54 AM
cowboy from merrit go west towards spences bridge out about 7 clicks is a store on you right. Turn right its the road to logan lake go up another few clicks past a mine. there will be signs from the store.

Gotcha, shouldnt be too hard to find eh

sealevel
03-23-2006, 10:57 AM
I will bring a few steaks and a spud salad willy . or some rabbit food.

swamper
03-23-2006, 01:54 PM
Like last year i'll have my BBQ and portable stove as well as the camper stove. I'll be more than happy to offer the services of Hairball's Bar and Grill. I'll go through the frezzer and see what I can bring for meat. Might even through in a sockeye for Samantha.

Kirby
03-23-2006, 02:30 PM
I'll see what I can dig up for the pot luck. Its too bad guys are ignoring the flighting, I really like it, great way to meet new people.

Kirby

sealevel
03-23-2006, 05:57 PM
Ya i like the flighting you get to shoot with new people sometimes.

Rob
03-23-2006, 07:45 PM
Dont turn right on the "Logan Lake road" that road is called Mammette lake road aka hwy 97 north. You dont want to go towards Logan Lake, keep going past this road for another 3-4 kms and you will come to a store on your right hand side called "courtesy corner grocery", take a right at the store and head up "Aberdeen rd." Go up this road for about 3kms and you will see a small mining operation on your left side called Craigmont Mine keep on this road and when you crest the hill their will be a road on your right side going into the gun range and thats where the shoot is:D (I live about 150yds from the store. hope to stop up for a beer but i also have school that weekend) Rob. This is where the shoot was last year, Im assuming its still at the gun range.

cowboy-up69
03-23-2006, 07:52 PM
Thanks Dewey!

swamper
03-26-2006, 05:55 PM
Hey guys, just trying to get an idea how many are going to be at the potluck next Saturday and what is being brought. Don't forget your lawn chairs and wobblies.

cowboy-up69
03-26-2006, 07:40 PM
Crap! It loooks like Im only able to go on the saturday now! And not on sunday!!! :( Some family thing, but hopefully I'll be there saturday, and hang out and stuff. I been gettin lots of practis with my new bow, and hopefully by the end of the week I'll be confident enough to shoot 20 yards haha...

Kirby
03-26-2006, 08:09 PM
Cowboy-up, will be nice to meet you, you got a PM inbound.

I'll be bringing sausages for the BBQ. See if I can dig anything else up.

Kirby

cowboy-up69
03-26-2006, 09:13 PM
Cowboy-up, will be nice to meet you, you got a PM inbound.

I'll be bringing sausages for the BBQ. See if I can dig anything else up.

Kirby

Yes, it will be nice to meet with you too. Would be a great time to shoot with someone that knows alot about archery, and learn something from!

Kirby
03-26-2006, 09:16 PM
Cowboy, you'll definatly get to shoot with some good shooters on Sat.

Kirby

cowboy-up69
03-26-2006, 09:17 PM
Sounds good to me!!!

3kills
03-26-2006, 10:37 PM
okay i just found this thread tonight and just read through it all..i will be up there saturday but wont be shootin as i still dont have a bow (school just sucks to much money from me) but i am in for a pot luck and some beers with u guys...if any one needs info on how to get there or what not pm me and i will give u my number...i will bring up some stuff for the pot luck just let me know what u guys need..i can bring some steaks up and some sausages and what not....swamper u guys going to try for the same area u were in last year???

Kirby
03-26-2006, 11:10 PM
3kills, if there is any of your bear pepperonni left I wouldn't mind trying it out. Would like to see what Sportsmans pepperonni is like.

Kirby

3kills
03-26-2006, 11:16 PM
u know i was thinkin about that and ya i have some and ya u will finally be able to try it cuz i will bring some of that out and some garlic coil too....

Kirby
03-26-2006, 11:21 PM
I'll be bringing some of their hot italian, and some Kam-lake view Dinner Sausage.
Might bring out a couple sticks of Landieger too, but don't have much left, and it might be gone by now I'll have to check.

Kirby

oldtimer
03-27-2006, 06:57 AM
Sounds like a lot of meat boys !!!!! Someone will have to throw in some roughage and buns or something. Should be a great group from the sounds of it.
Like Swamper says bring chairs and wobblies. Mike

PS. I will be leaving for Vernon tomorrow so after tonite not back to sight until after the shoot. Willy can pass on any messages about " the GATHERING " Mike

willyqbc
03-27-2006, 08:56 AM
Also people will need plates and utensils. This is Oldtimer at Chris's place.

sealevel
03-27-2006, 09:33 AM
What i know of pot luck there will be no shortage of food and there better not be cause by the looks of kirby yesterday he looked like he could eat a young moose in 3or 4 meals:lol: :lol: :lol:

swamper
03-27-2006, 03:46 PM
I will be parked in the same area as last year. And you're right, Kirby can pack away the groceries, especially at a pig roast, which by the way is being done again this year at the Broken Arrow Shoot in Quesnel on the Mother's day weekend.

oldtimer
03-27-2006, 05:44 PM
I don't know what you guys are talking about, kirby only had 3 plate fulls at the pig / buffaloe roast at quesnel last year. You must remeber he is a growing boy. OH yea and a dozen buns. Don't worry Kirby I packed 2 packages of venison steaks and I think the wife will be going back to the motel with the grandkids before supper so lots of grub, probably enough for 3kills as well--he looks like a boy who can pack it away. Mike

willyqbc
03-27-2006, 06:02 PM
okay so we have all kinds of meat coming sounds like so i will change my plan and we will bring a bunch of salads and that sort of thing.

Chris

don576archery
03-27-2006, 06:11 PM
This will be my first merrit shoot. Can you come on thrusday? Is it all right to bring a tent to stay in and do they allow fires.

Don

sealevel
03-27-2006, 06:24 PM
I think you likely can come on thur. and yes you can have a fire. Hope to see you there look for our HBC hats.

3kills
03-27-2006, 07:16 PM
ya u should be able to come on thursday...maybe get ahold of richard to see if the gates will be open but i m sure they will be cuz they should be still settin stuff upi would think...

willyqbc
03-27-2006, 10:04 PM
CRAP!!! weather network says 90% chance of rain:( but at least thats only for Friday saturday and sunday:???: bring your rain gear and string wax folks!!!Some tarps might be a good plan too!!

Chris

3kills
03-27-2006, 10:42 PM
chris u just gotta drink more so u dont notice the rain :D

cowboy-up69
03-27-2006, 11:29 PM
Well loooks like Im coming for sure on saturday now. I went to Merritt after woork today and bought some new sight pins, all I need is about half dozen arrows, and the quiver Im gettin on thursday and I'll be set!!! I cant wait. I was talkin to the guy at the sport shop and he says it should be alot of fun! I cant wait. Hopefully it doesnt rain thuogh :(

3kills
03-28-2006, 06:22 PM
were u at ponderossa sports in merritt??? if u were then u were probably talkin to ed? he shoots at the shoot too...should hopefully be a biggun this year....

Kirby
03-28-2006, 06:41 PM
I'll be there early Saturday, and kicking around all night.
If you see me, or my car just give a holler.

Here is my car
http://www.huntingbc.ca/photos/data/500/medium/140stuckcar.jpg
And here is my ugly mug.
http://www.huntingbc.ca/photos/data/500/medium/140blacktailinkamloops.jpg

Kirby

cowboy-up69
03-28-2006, 09:13 PM
Geez Kirby, is that car 4x4?? Hahaha :P

3kills, yes, It was Ed, hes a nice guy! A lil on the def side but a freakin nice guy, thats for sure!

3kills
03-29-2006, 06:21 AM
yuppers that true he is a lil deaf but very nice well he can be a grump but i think more or it is an act...one of my huntin partners dad is good friends with him...

sealevel
03-30-2006, 07:57 AM
That rain report than willy gave us a few days ago. Well its going to be a nice weekend,:-D :-D :-D

willyqbc
03-30-2006, 08:39 AM
well things are looking up in the weather department!! We will be there friday afternoon/evening shooting at the range....don't be shy, come on over and say hi!

Chris

sealevel
03-30-2006, 08:49 AM
will do that willy.

cowboy-up69
03-30-2006, 08:55 AM
Good I hope its a good weekend, I will be staying the whole weeekend now!!! :D

Kirby
03-30-2006, 01:23 PM
Well, I'll be busy on friday night, but I'll be there first thing Saturday morning. Looking forward to it.

Kirby

3kills
03-30-2006, 05:19 PM
ya its been like plus 17 or somethin the last few days here...today looked a lil bit like rain but i think it might hold off...so when is the potluck going to be??