PDA

View Full Version : Vancouver Island 3-D

Onesock
03-21-2006, 12:35 PM
April 1st & 2nd. Mark it on your calender. There is a 2 day 3-D shoot in Courtenay at the Courtenay Fish & Game Club on Comox Lake. We have numerous prizes as well as door prizes to give away. Small example 2 PSE compounds and 2 Chekmate traditional bows. On Saturday nite there is a steak dinner for 12 bucks and a bow swap, so bring your gear that has been laying around that you would like to sell. Shoot starts at 10:00 am both days,for those that aren't taking advantage of the free camping. Breakfast and lunch will be available both days. Hope to see you here.

3D4Me
04-04-2006, 10:42 PM
Onesock,

You guys up in Courtenay really did a great job. The rain held off and the setup was fantastic. I, for one liked to see the compounders have to work a little harder, or at least shoot a little farther. That buffalo on Sunday was tough enough from the red stakes. It really is a great layout in and out of the forest like that. My 9-year old Zach shot 543 for second in the cubs compound. Not bad for finger release and no peep sight. He had 196 on Sunday with ten 10's.

We didn't make the dinner or bow swap, but by all accounts it was great as well. Many thanks to your club for a terrific event.

Ken.

Bowhisperer
04-06-2006, 07:35 PM
great job in Courtney, a great turn out, I heard 147 shooters, where are all these people at the other shoots on the Island. Why is it that at such a big shoot is all they give people who placed is a piece of computer paper and all the other clubs do nice ribbons { even the Malahat shoot which usually doesn't get that many shooters} don't know why a couple of guys do a lot of great work so we can shoot a 3-D