PDA

View Full Version : question ?

gutpile
04-14-2010, 12:37 PM
On threads in forum alot of times it doesn't list the pages on the right side above the forum how come ? and also when a new thread is started how come some say on longer then others ? some are on for ever like the immigration thread a while back.

Steeleco
04-14-2010, 03:48 PM
Not sure about Q1 but Q2 the answer is because if people keep posting the thread stays alive. As you say, some go on forever others barely last the day.

Bow Walker
04-14-2010, 05:11 PM
It won't list pages until the thread spills over from the original page onto another pager (page 2). There are usually about 40 or so replies per page...

Bowzone_Mikey
04-14-2010, 11:16 PM
actually BW it depends on what your settings are ... I have mine set for 10 posts per page ... others many have 20 or 50

gutpile
04-15-2010, 01:26 AM
O i didn't know you can have different settings on your page. How do you set you settings.

Roots
04-15-2010, 02:10 AM
I believe the default 'max' posts per page is currently set to 40. I absolutely hate "flipping" pages and waiting for them to load. If you want to make your life a bit easier, at the 'end' of the address that appears in your web browser (for the page you're looking at) simply add, without any spaces, &pp=40 and hit Enter.

So if we look at a page that has a lot of posts and pages, such as the Bumper Sticker thread, it would normally be 45 pages long, but actually can be reduced to only 12.

Original Default: http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=7495

Set to Default Max: http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=7495&pp=40

We learn something new everyday, eh?

Bow Walker
04-15-2010, 09:42 AM
Under the User Control Panel or User CP - which is on the upper left-hand side of the screen - there is a section called Edit Options, on the upper left-hand side of the screen again.

Click on the Edit Options and in the third panel down, called Thread Display Options there is a place to set the number of threads displayed per page. The maximum setting is 40. I'm not sure what the default setting number per page is.

You can also set the "Staleness" date for cutoff of thread display. Check it out, it'll help you a lot.