PDA

View Full Version : Good Rings

ohno
03-20-2006, 12:11 PM
Can anyone recommend some good set of rings for my B&L 3-9x scope. I have weaver bases mounted on a Husky featherweight '06.

Perhaps the rings I have are OK, but they are the slot screw type and I've been having a heck of a time keeping them tight. Last Friday I was getting erratic groups at the range, then finally I get a nice 1" group :smile: . At this point I call it a day. I get home and am cleaning my gun, I noticed the scope had slid down the rings and up against the power adjust ring :-( .

Suggestions?

Cappy
03-20-2006, 12:42 PM
I've had good results with both Burris rings and Leupolds. Not one bit of movement with with either. I have had my weavers work loose on light recoiling rifles (6.5x55's).

ryanb
03-20-2006, 01:42 PM
I've tried many rings and bases. Been less than impressed by most of them, as virtually every one of them would slide. I was forced to put leupold rings and bases on my 338 I just picked up (only ones that would fit the short-tube scope) and all I can say is wow, they are great and haven't budged an inch, even on the 338. Another thing that makes them great is the torx screws. I have stripped the allen key and slot screw ones, but the torx never strips even when you're cranking on the screws.

CanAm500
03-20-2006, 03:33 PM
I am looking to upgrade the scope mount and rings on my remintong 710.

Im looking at the leupold rings, do I have to buy their mount?

lapadat
03-20-2006, 09:49 PM
"I am looking to upgrade the scope mount and rings on my remintong 710."

LC - is that some type of kitchen tong? Salad tongs? :)

Ohno: Leupold and Burris have been good to me. I try to stay away from the Weavers.

youngfellla
03-20-2006, 09:51 PM
Same here, Burris and Leupold have always done the job for me.8)

Barracuda
03-21-2006, 12:05 AM
I love my weavers . they are simple, light and very strong. I have weavers on my 375H&H as well as a number of my other rifles . I have had other types (leupolds are on one of my rifles i have also had redfield rings and bases ) but i really like my weaver rings .

look at rings in the brownells cat for some ideas as to what is out there
http://www.brownells.com/aspx/NS/Home/default.aspx

CanAm500
03-21-2006, 02:32 PM
"I am looking to upgrade the scope mount and rings on my remintong 710."

LC - is that some type of kitchen tong? Salad tongs? :)

Ohno: Leupold and Burris have been good to me. I try to stay away from the Weavers.

Actaully yes it is my trusty remintong 710 :mrgreen: lol.

sealevel
03-21-2006, 02:46 PM
Leupold for sure i have never had any problem with them.

The 'Hummer'
04-08-2006, 03:31 PM
I've put a set of Weaver pivot mounts on the 30.06 'Husky feather weight I recently inherited from my Dad. Works well, no regrets.:-)

Gateholio
04-08-2006, 03:49 PM
Weavers are kinda ugly and cheap looking but they sure do hold a scope.

Talley rings are IMHO the "best" rings that are easily obtainable.