PDA

View Full Version : Nanaimo F&G - Thanks for a great event!

3D4Me
03-19-2006, 11:57 PM
Let me be the first to thank the Nanaimo F&G Club for a first class shoot today.

Though it was busy, I heard 119 shooters, it was incredibly well organized with great food and great prizes.

Zach (9-year old) shot 308 with his compound and that was with a broken arrow rest in the morning round (126) that cost him a couple of targets. He picked it up in the afternoon (182), which is more than his old man shot all day on his recurve (179). (I was busy running around scrounging parts to fix his rest!).

Good to see the compounders have some long shots - so it wasn't too easy for them. We loved the moose shot over 35m of water! Had to kneel under the branches.

Thanks again to all for a great day!

Ken & Zach

Bow Walker
03-20-2006, 07:09 AM
I caught the CRUD on Wednesday before the shoot and had to pass it up. :mad: Still fighting the darned thing! Hell to be getting older.

I was looking forward to this shoot for 2 months! Always a good time. I am optomistic that I will be at the Malahat Shoot on the 9th of April. Glad you and Zach had another good day/shoot together. Hope to see you at the Malahat.

BowSitter
03-20-2006, 07:26 PM
I agree with 3D4Me Nanaimo ran a first class shoot (25 targets)http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/images/icons/icon14.gif. I even got to meet Sealevel qiuckly on Sun. morning. Hope he had fun as well although I suspect he did. (heard he was a good shooter). I loved all the long shots for us wheel shooters. The moving bear also was fun. Great time was had by all I hope as I had a great time myself! To bad BowWalker couldn't make it, Said he was sick(or was that scared):wink: ...Ron

Onesock
03-20-2006, 07:42 PM
Yes another great St Pat's shoot. Full house too, that awsome. Don't forget the 2 day shoot in Courtenay on April 1st & 2nd. This shoot will be starting at 10:00am on both days just too give the guys that are travelling enough time to get here. Remember lots of free camping too right on the Comox Lake.
Onesock

timberhunter
03-20-2006, 10:24 PM
The shoot was a big hit, we had 117 shooters. The course lay out thanks can be directed at Dennis and jim. They did an excellent job. But we also had many others show up on saturday for the setup. It seems that we get new shooters every week, and a lot of them come out and help. Which is great to see. And lots of cubs and juniors as well, we had a few of them out to help on saturday as well. The kitchen staff did a great job again at this shoot. If it wasn't for them giving up a day of shooting and running the kitchen, there would be a lot of hungry grumpy people walking around.:p

For dave and I the sunday started at 6:30am and went until after 6:00 pm. A long day but well worth it, when you see happy faces. Daves been doing a great job with running the club. Thanks everyone for coming out and supporting our club.

Looking forward to the next shoot.
Marc S.

sealevel
03-20-2006, 11:56 PM
Well naniamo was a great shoot i`am putting it on my list of ones to go to . Thanx guys it was a great shoot my trykon is starting to come around . Kinda glad i did`nt sell it.8) 8)