PDA

View Full Version : Mmmmm slayed on prawns

BlacktailStalker
03-19-2006, 09:57 PM
Well we loaded up on prawns today. Sunk the traps for about 3 hours. Sooo good. Had about 40 each between 5 of us with steak, veggies, cheese sauce and salad. Get out and get them, lots to be caught.

http://www.huntingbc.ca/photos/showphoto.php?photo=2392&cat=500

Fred
03-20-2006, 11:59 PM
Thats a real fine catch Bts. Even I might find myself overloaded if I tried to eat all of them. Maybe!! :mrgreen: Fred

Dragginbait
03-21-2006, 08:26 AM
That depressing (sold my boat yesterday).

BlacktailStalker
03-21-2006, 11:21 AM
Now why'd you go do a thing like that? Esp witht that pic on your avatar, looks like a whaler or similar, beauty boats and you're just teasing yourself with that pic now!

Johnnybear
03-26-2006, 04:46 PM
Sounds awesome BTS. We went out off of Crofton with five licensed fisherman in the boat and 13 traps last Sunday. Absolutely beautiful day with flat calm water and sunshine. We were out for about 5 hours and had a bbq'd lunch etc.. Came home with our limit and one nice sized octopus. An electric puller is a must for this many guys and traps. We make our own out of those cheap winches at Costco ($49.00) and old scotty downrigger reels (just the spool). The rest is welded up from what ever scrap aluminum I have on hand.

I'll post some pic's of the next one we build.

Get out there guy's it's awesome right now. It will start tapering off (from awesome to good)in the next few months. We always find the winter months to be the best.