PDA

View Full Version : March 12 Malahat Shoot

Bow Walker
03-13-2006, 06:13 PM
This is just scuttlebutt from someone who was there and participated - so don't quote me too closely but.............:-|

Apparently there was only one person who was available to setup the course - no name were given but it was probably Martin Olsen.

Too bad that no one else to volunteer to help. :frown:

Who, me? I had to work the whole weekend and could not be there for the shoot - let alone help set the course up. :frown:

Maybe the next shoot coming up in April more of us can get out there and give a hand? It helps make for a more enjoyable shoot for everyone - including the volunteers. Many hands make light work. Remember that old line?

Rumour has it that there were only about 35 to 40 shooters this time around. Could have been better considering the good weather and the course that is ever changing while not too too challenging. Just very interesting.

Look forward to the Saturday before the Sunday shoot in April. I'm going to try to get out there and give a hand. Hope to see some more "buddies" out there.

3D4Me
03-18-2006, 03:06 PM
The boys and I went to the Malahat shoot but Zach (9 yr old) was sick as a dog and we only finished the morning round. I could only get him to stop when he found out there were no ribbons to win. The kids sure like the ribbons!

The terrain is great. But there was some confusion on the course. Though it was the least organized of the events we've been to, the one fellow and his wife and daughter really worked hard to make it as good as possible. We appreciated the effort.

Ken.

bochunk2000
03-19-2006, 02:31 AM
That was the first shoot there in a year or two that I didn't help set up. I was working and couldn't get the time off. The course is normally easy to follow but perhaps we will need to mark it off better next time. Thanks for the post Dan because more help would be nice. Its normally only Martin and I with Nails helping a lot of the time too. I will talk to Martin about getting some ribbons for the next shoot, I think I might be off for that one.
Steve.