PDA

View Full Version : Shot my first goose today

The Hermit
03-11-2006, 12:21 AM
Never been waterfowling before... went out to the Cowichan and called them in off the water at dusk! What a blast! As a long time big game hunter getting to shoot that much in an afternoon was something special! Knocked one down and looking forward to Sunday night dinner!!! Skinned it out and took the breasts.

Any recipe suggestions?

Islandeer
03-11-2006, 12:24 AM
Cool!!! Were you in the dinsdale fields or by the river mouth or...? Don't worry ,not trying to horn in just curious. Again congrats on your honker.

johnes50
03-11-2006, 01:12 PM
Good for you. Seems like a good way to spend some time in the field. I'm waiting for my tax refund to pickup a 12 gauge pump that I got my eye on. Been considering doing a bit of waterfowl hunting myself this year.

Johnnybear
03-11-2006, 06:55 PM
Congrats Hermit! I haven't been able to make it out. There is a whole flock of them that land in the field behind my shop everyday but can't hunt them. It's sheer torture:-? .

NEEHAMA
03-13-2006, 12:47 PM
nice work on the honker!! soak it over night in cold salt water this will draw alot of blood out and will tame it down very nice. pat dry then freeze or roast.