PDA

View Full Version : Where to buy predator calls?

Rhys
03-08-2006, 05:42 PM
I am thinking of picking up a predator call to try out on spring bear this year. Where is a good place to pick one up? I am looking for a mouth call that might suit black bear and possibly coyote and wolf if the opportunity arises.

Thanks
Rhys

lip_ripper00
03-08-2006, 06:01 PM
have a look and see what John and Bob have at Bobs sporting goods on Hastings, if they dont have any the might beable to get it Steve

Johnnybear
03-08-2006, 06:44 PM
Canadian Tire has bear cub distress calls and fawn distress calls. Knight and Hayle, Quaker boy and Buck expert I think.

todbartell
03-08-2006, 08:08 PM
Russell Sports, Wholesale Sports, and SIR mailorder all have a huge selection of them

check their websites for online catalogs

bsa30-06
03-08-2006, 08:19 PM
I would never deal with Bobs sporting goods , i have never seen a cutomer treated with any kind of respect in that store.

Rhys
03-08-2006, 08:52 PM
Thanks for the replies guys. I was thinking the same about Bob's, I went in there once and the old guy ignored me for 10 minutes, then when I got his attention he told me he doesn't deal with hunting too much and I should go to Italian. Not really customer oriented.

Rhys

bsa30-06
03-08-2006, 08:59 PM
Rhys do your self a favor and stay away from italian as well.I believe if you read a little bit of the trade show thread you will find out why.I have found that both stores are not really customer oriented.The guys at reliable are friendly and willing to answer your questions i will deal with these and have in the past.Good Luck

Rhys
03-08-2006, 09:29 PM
I went to Italian once and will never go there again, Got really bad treatment there as well. I have been to reliable they fixed my remington when the extractor broke on it. I will go back there again, I forgot about them.

Rhys

Barracuda
03-08-2006, 10:01 PM
I have a couple of predator calls (mouth) as well as some tapes of rabbit in distress. the one i like the most is my Lohman circe professional 3 in 1 you just turn the dial on top to give long , medium & short range calls . I have an Olt t 20 but i really prefer my Lohman . I also have a squeaker that works when things are really close.
here is a company that has plenty for you to look at to give you some idea as what is out there
http://www.gamecalls.net/

Rhys
03-08-2006, 10:26 PM
You interested in going chasing a few again this year Kyle?

Rhys

Barracuda
03-09-2006, 12:04 AM
sounds good to me:mrgreen: