PDA

View Full Version : Need mosquito netting

Schmaus
03-08-2006, 03:32 PM
Ok last year while spring bear hunting and august moose hunting I got hammered by the bugs. Does anyone have any good info on a lightweight affordable and not too annoying bug net for over my face. I want something light so that if I'm walking for a long distance I don't want it to get all stuffy and fog up my glasses. Any info on what you guys/girls have would be awesome.

Steeleco
03-08-2006, 04:07 PM
You'll have to look up their site but I use a product from "bug me not". It can't weigh an ounce!!! Mine is just a head net but they sell whole suits.

Start here: https://media5.magma.ca/www.canadiancamo.com/catalog/advanced_search_result.php?keywords=bug+me+not&x=0&y=0

Schmaus
03-09-2006, 05:20 AM
thanks I will check it out

Dragginbait
03-09-2006, 10:11 AM
When we got a bear last spring, the bugs were really bad. When we were skinning the bear I found that having my trucks exhaust just up wind (diesel) that it really helped. When I got got home I went to Wal-Mart and bought a couple of the head nets for the next time, you don't always get to shoot boo-boo right beside the road!

BlacktailStalker
03-09-2006, 05:11 PM
Buy a thermacell.

Schmaus
03-10-2006, 05:29 AM
Aha, I have been walking by those things in the isles at the store and keep thinking to myself I wonder how that would work. Is it worth buying? Thermacell that is

johnes50
03-10-2006, 01:08 PM
Buy a thermacell.
Never heard of those. Do they work well?

johnes50
03-10-2006, 01:15 PM
Ok last year while spring bear hunting and august moose hunting I got hammered by the bugs. Does anyone have any good info on a lightweight affordable and not too annoying bug net for over my face. I want something light so that if I'm walking for a long distance I don't want it to get all stuffy and fog up my glasses. Any info on what you guys/girls have would be awesome.
I bought a floppy type jungle hat with a bug net built into the headband at Canadian Tire or Wal-Mart. I didn't know it had a net till my daughter was playing with it and unzipped the headband and the net was folded inside. It works well and when you don't need it you fold the net back into the headband. Plus the hat keeps the water from going down my neck and off my glasses.