PDA

View Full Version : where to practise?

Legi0n
03-04-2006, 02:13 PM
Hi,

I relocated to Vancouver and I need to practise.
I have read some local bylaws forbiding archery in public parks and school zones. Now there's a big grassy area near the Vancouver airport (surrounded by Grauer Rd, Templeton St and Grant Mcconachie Way) that's not a park. Could I practise there ? I'm not cheap; just need the $ to upgrade my equipment...

CanAm500
03-04-2006, 03:06 PM
You could go to a quite rifle range and set up there.

greybark
03-04-2006, 05:01 PM
:-D Hey LegiOn Get ahold of "Boorman`s Archery" in NewWestminster . they are in the phone book and will gladly help you along with a list of 3-d events !!!!

REMEMBER -- Keep Your Fingertab On --

Bow Walker
03-04-2006, 05:47 PM
www.boormanarchery.com (http://www.boormanarchery.com)

The website will guide you to the Burnaby Archers who practice and have access to a 12 - 14 butt field at the sports complex in Burnaby.

It is only flat field, but there is room for 90 meter shooting.

Good luck
Dan.

bsa30-06
03-04-2006, 08:12 PM
Become a member of the burnaby archers ($50.00) and you get a key to unlock the target butts at the burnaby lake field.You can use these target butts anytime there is not an event on this field.You can purchase the memberships from boormans in new west, and there good for a year.

bsa30-06
03-05-2006, 10:58 AM
LegiOn, i forgot to mention that there is an indoor range (18meter) in new west as well IT is about two doors down from boormans on columbia st.Boormans address is or was 420 columbia st in new west.the phone number is 604 524 1674 .LIke i said they have moved about two doors down from where they were but the old shop is still there so you will haveno trouble finding them and the indoor range is about another two doors away from them. I find the prices at the indoor range a little bit high so i think your best bet would be the outdoor field.If you decide to use the outdoor field and see a big blue dodge p/u parked there come over and introduce yourself i'll most likely have my hbc hat on so i'm easily recognizable and will be spending alot of time practicing with my new bow i bought yesterday down there.