PDA

View Full Version : Where to buy Traditional archery supplies?

NightOwl74
02-28-2006, 02:39 AM
Hi there. Just wondering where you guys buy your traditional gear from. I mean field points, arrow shafts(wood), broadheads,epoxy, feathers etc. I bought some hexshaft wood arrow shafts and I will be sealing them with a product not by the Bohning name, as I can't find the darn stuff. So off to Home Depot I go. Problem is, everyone I talk to says bohning cement won't stick to anything but their products, so my feathers are gonna fly off. I need this stuff called "Duco Cement". Where can I find this stuff? I live in Kelowna, and am wondering if any of you guys order your supplies online and through who? As it stands it seems like I gotta order through 4 or 5 different mail-order places just to get what I need to make my own arrows. I'm shooting recurve style, case you were wondering.

Jetboater
02-28-2006, 08:22 AM
Give hub sports a call , if they dont have it they can get it, talk to Dusty Travis 604-857-5387

Onesock
02-28-2006, 08:28 AM
Windfeather Archery Traditions in Cranbrook. Monty Evin sells it all. He will have everything you need in stock. I can't give you his number as I don't have it with me but I can post it tonite.

Awishanew
02-28-2006, 04:36 PM
nightowl, here is the address of Windfeather archery supplies. Call Monty in Cranbrook 250-426-8565. I think he will have all you will need to get going. Also, he is a good guy to work with.

Awishanew

FullDraw
03-03-2006, 08:15 AM
NightOwl I have had a problem with Bohning glues and I finish my woodies with minwax. A bit of advice don't apply the sealer to the tappers where the tips and the nocks go, They will always fall off, apply the finish and then tapper after.

Good Luck!

greybark
03-03-2006, 09:29 PM
:-D Hey NightOw174, Any feather falloff can be avoided by using a Q-Tip with acetone and lightly swabbing prior to placing the prepped feather on the shaft .

REMEMBER -- Keep Your Fingertab On --