PDA

View Full Version : Penticton 3D Shoot

Walksalot
02-20-2006, 08:40 PM
This weeken will be our anual Frozen Butt shoot and will take place at the Penticton Shooting Sports grounds which is located about four km North of Penticton off Highway 97 between Penticton and Trout Creek.

cowboy-up69
02-20-2006, 08:42 PM
I'll be there to watch and stuff, check it out but no shootin'!

greybark
02-20-2006, 09:19 PM
:eek: Hey Walksalot , It is with regret I must inform you that I will not be able to attend your "Frozen Butt Shoot" . This past Satterday several CHILLIwackians and I went to a so called indoor 3-d at the Douglas Lake Ranch north of Merritt . It will be several weeks before mine thaws out , It was
-25c on the Coq.
;) The only way I could have been colder was to be bigger !!!!

REMEMBER -- Keep Your Fingertab On --

Fred
02-21-2006, 01:15 AM
I should be staying at the Black Forest on Sat. night and will be at the shoot Sunday after a relaxing lesurely breakie! I will have both the Barnett and the Mathews along but I beseach you guys to be gentle with me, it is my first 3D as a ,um, uh competitor?:biggrin: Fred

sealevel
02-21-2006, 06:42 AM
I regret to say i will have to mis it i am off to siberia, i mean alberia,calgary to a indoor 3d and visit 2 kids who live there. then on to west edmonchuck mall.

BC4Bowhunter
02-21-2006, 01:36 PM
I'll be there, looking forward to it. Walksalot is it going to be the same course like last year or are you going to "spice it up a little"?

Walksalot
02-21-2006, 09:04 PM
I'll be there, looking forward to it. Walksalot is it going to be the same course like last year or are you going to "spice it up a little"?

This course will give you heatburn.:wink:

BC4Bowhunter
02-21-2006, 09:48 PM
This course will give you heatburn.:wink:
:biggrin: Gotta like it! Looking forward to it.See you Sunday.

Fred
02-24-2006, 10:32 AM
What time does it start on Sunday guys? Fred

Walksalot
02-24-2006, 07:26 PM
What time does it start on Sunday guys? Fred
Fred, first arrows will be shortly after 8:00 am as we like to have a couple of members shoot the course first thing to make sure everything is safe.

Fred
02-25-2006, 12:15 AM
8:00PM!!! :eek: Shoot my blood isn't even moving at that hour and that is down here in lotusland!!;) I will be there not too late I hope. Fred

Walksalot
02-27-2006, 07:48 AM
Fred, thanks for bringing your crossbow. I was surprised how little damage it did to the targets and it was an interesting experience to shoot it.
The shoot was attended by about 70 archers and a good time was had by all, I hope.:smile:
There seemed to be more cubs shooting this year than in the past and I think this is a good sign.:biggrin:

Fred
02-27-2006, 10:28 AM
And I think Fred came in dead last! ;-) 84 is not a great score! :biggrin: Fred

Walksalot
02-27-2006, 08:16 PM
Fred,the fact of the matter is that you were kind enough to sacrifice the second round to try out the crossbow and it is greatly appreciated.

Fred
02-28-2006, 12:54 AM
If I had gone back out with my compound for a second try I know I would have done better. I snagged my jacket several times in the first round and was going to switch to a tight fitting sweater. All in all though, it was more fun shooting a couple of targets with the crossbow even though I lost a bolt.
I betcha I still would have been in last place! :mrgreen: Next time I will get in a bit of practice time before I come out there. Fred