PDA

View Full Version : 5 Fish Day!

Iron-Head
02-15-2006, 10:37 PM
Well I just got back from the vedder for the third time,And i had an amazing day.It started with me watching 2 guys catch and kill 2 17lbers right infront of me the previos night and me being such a swell guy I helped them land there fish and ended up with A few of there magic baits(just some shrimp with some neat food coloring).So after fishing steady that evening and not getting anything I called it a night.Next day i go right back to where i was the previos day and within 5 drifts i hook a fish, about a 10lb wild fish so i released it and decided it was a little to cold for me down low so i went up river.After pounding Bills run for the better part of 2 hours I ended up hooking a nice wild buck about 15lbs.After that i went up into the huge pool and fished there beside a guy that had been there all mornin and hadnt gotten anything,2 drifts through......WHAM and im into this bruiser of a buck who goes straight upstreem and almost up the rapids until i enticed him out,Got him within 6 feet of me and said to myself holy sh*t hes a monster when right then he made one last run and broke my 8 lb leader:-((it was wild anyway......i Hope).
So after fishing for about another hour in the pool i decide to go down to the run again and fish my way out......Not 3 drifts into the first pocket i casted to i had a nice wild doe about 13lbs,,,,She fought and ran and shook me off on the head shake.So i go to the next nice lookin piece of water and once again WHAM first drift through another wild doe about 6-7lbs,played it in and landed/released it.
So all in all i got 3 fish to the beach and just happend to be in the right place at the right times.I had a wonderful day i took some good photos,I hope and just have to get them developed and scanned then i will post them.
I will also post some pictures of my last trip,of the 13lb hatch doe i killed.
MMMMMM tasty.
Symon

BlacktailStalker
02-16-2006, 12:17 AM
Good day !! I havent been on the flow in a couple weeks, you just gave me the itch, time to get back at 'er I think!

mr eagle
02-21-2006, 06:40 PM
The Vedder has been excellent this year. I have landed 12 fish in 9 trips, 11 steelies and a huge dolly varden that fought like hell. My bait of choice has been cooked prawn tails left in Pro Cure overnight, however I have seen fish caught on almost every bait imaginable this year. My buddy that I fished with on Sunday got a 6 pound hatchery buck in the upper river on a 6 inch bright pink plastic worm in low clear water with bright sun overhead. It seems the habitat improvement program is working, lots of big wild steelies in the river this year. The only sad thing this year I've seen is the poor treatment of the wild steelies and char; I've seen a couple fish dragged on to the sand or rocks, have the hook ripped out of their mouth and kicked back in the river.

Iron-Head
03-05-2006, 01:32 AM
Yeah it really burns me when people dont know how to land/release fish.:mad:.I saw a guy land a nice wild doe and just let it sit there in the shallow water for about 30 seconds before having the descency to release it.