PDA

View Full Version : Fletching jigs?

BowSitter
02-15-2006, 07:33 PM
I want to buy a fletching jig but don't know which one or type to buy?
I shoot 95% 3-D and hunt a little. Any help would be greatly appreciated....Ron

sealevel
02-15-2006, 08:05 PM
bowsitter i think a BPE is a good jig out can buy a straigt or helical clamp.

BC4Bowhunter
02-15-2006, 08:12 PM
Go with a bitzenberger jig. Very good jig and will last you a life time.

greybark
02-15-2006, 09:04 PM
;-) Hey BOWSITTER , I tried most of the fletching jigs and there is no doubt in my mind that the JOJAN is the best by a long shot. You do six arrows at a time which works out to two complete arrows a gluing cycle. It is completely adjustable for all types of arrows and does a good job .

REMEMBER -- Keep Your Fingertab On--

Eagle1
02-15-2006, 10:08 PM
Ive fletched hundreds and hundreds of arrows and for the money the best jig is a Bitzenburger about $150.00 or so or cheaper if you can find a used one. I have a JoJan and its sitting on the shelve, its just not as accurate as a Bitz. Use Duravanes or Arizona vanes and you can do a fletch about every 10 seconds or so.I have 8 Bitz's that I make all my arrows on, once set up they will never move.Go with a helical as it can be set very slight,thats all I use. :-P

I want to buy a fletching jig but don't know which one or type to buy?
I shoot 95% 3-D and hunt a little. Any help would be greatly appreciated....Ron

Fred
02-15-2006, 10:52 PM
I couldn't find a Bitzen when I wanted one and settled on a Martin. While it does work I am not entirely satisfied with it. Fred

willyqbc
02-16-2006, 08:41 AM
if you do a lot of arrows the 6 arrow Jo-Jan is a very nice fletching jig and you can buy an extra set of clamps so you can do straight or helical on the same jig. Or a single with both clamps for personal use.

Chris

Bow Walker
02-16-2006, 06:56 PM
Hate to say this (the "I-told-you-so's" will be extensive) but I agree with Eagle1 - this time. Having said that...............

Bill, how much for the JoJan "off-the-shelf"???

FullDraw
02-23-2006, 07:05 PM
I have a Martin & a Jojan as well I think the Jojan is a better rig if you are going to be making flu flu's

Just my 2 cents

FullDraw

timberhunter
02-23-2006, 10:05 PM
I have a bitz and a marten, I prefer the marten. Wish I had a 6 arrow jojan though. But I will say the bitz is built tough.

Check out ebay, thats where I got my bitz from.

Marc S.