Camera
Radio
Two-way radios

Hunting licence & tags
Fishing licence

Sunglasses
Prescription glasses 2 pr.

Basic 1st Aid Kit
1st Aid Kit (compensation number #2) (isolated)
1st Aid book that's up to-date.
Survival book
Bottle Penicillin pills 500mg. 36
Bottle Tyenol #3 36
Bottle Aspirin 500mg
Bottle Iodine tablets or halazone tablets (water-purification)
Salt or salt tablets
Sting stop
Insect repellent
Notebook & pencil
Emergency blanket
Emergency rations
Chocolate bars
OXO cubes
Needles & thread

Canteen & water bottle
Matches (boxes)
BIC lighters
Magnifying glass
Candles
Flint & steel
Sterno
Newspaper
Signal mirror
Flare gun
Whistle
Bear spray
Bear bangers
Snare wire
Snap light sticks

Hand compass
Vest compass
Topographical maps & water proof envelope
GPS
Watch
Clock

Hunting knives
Pocket knife
Leatherman or Gerber multi-tool
Pr. scissors
Hatchet
Axe
Sm. chain saw & file
Sharpening stone
Small bow saw
Meat saw
Machete

Sleeping bag ***
Cot or air mattress
Woollen blankets
Blanket safety pins 3" or 4", 8 or more (stretcher)
Tent,fly & water proof,poles,pegs etc.
Back-pack
Pack sacks
Duffel bags
Fanny pack
Tarp 12x12
Plastic sheet HD 12x12
Tuck tape roll
Electrical tape

Flashlights
Head lamp
Spot lamp
Batteries

Climbing rope 100ft.
Nylon cord 50ft.
Rope winch
Come-a-long chain
Snatch block
Tools
Shovel
Jack-all
Tow chain or tow rope
Tire chains
Jumper cables
Tire pump & patch kit

Gas lantern
Gas stove
Gas heater
Fuel,white gas or unleaded

Folding chairs
Folding table
Portable shower

Thermos
Pots & pans
Dishes & utensils
Dish soap
Steel grill for campfire cooking
Pail 1 gal.
Aluminium foil
Plastic bags large
Towels,soap,razor,tooth brush & paste etc.

Jackets
Hats
Vest
Rain gear
Gloves
Extra clothing
Boots 2pr.
Socks
Shirts
Sweaters
Pants
Underclothes

Food & spices etc.

Coffee & tea

Toilet paper & paper towel

5 gallon jugs full of water

Cases of pop

Spare keys (for everything)

ATV

Canoe & paddles

Aluminium boat,sm.motor & oars

Life jackets

Gas & oil

Now add things you'd bring along on a long trip that I haven't mention or missed.

Besides beer, rum & whisky etc...:D

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Foxer, added the following.

anti-histamine is excellent one.
WD-40 is a very good one.
game bags is a good one.
zap straps is good too.
---------------------------------------------------------------------

bone-collector
03-09-2004, 11:32 AM
HOLY CRAP MT , I take 1 gun a handfull of shells and some grub ..maybe a blankie oh and a couple knives..were you going hunting? south bosnia? :lol: :lol: :lol:

MADTRAPPER
03-09-2004, 11:44 AM
HOLY CRAP MT , I take 1 gun a handfull of shells and some grub ..maybe a blankie oh and a couple knives..were you going hunting? south bosnia? :lol: :lol: :lol:

LMAO....when was the last time you spent 35 days in the bush... :wink:

bone-collector
03-09-2004, 12:07 PM
um I cant see that happening I usualy get my moose on opening morning hahaha

MADTRAPPER
03-09-2004, 01:01 PM
um I cant see that happening I usualy get my moose on opening morning hahaha

This is a trip to hunt, fish and canoeing etc. (holiday) :wink:

No rush to go home to turn TV on, stay in the back country and have fun for 25 or 45 days. Maybe canoe down one of Canada's biggest rivers.... 8)

bone-collector
03-09-2004, 01:07 PM
yup bin der done dat....uh hu , soaking wet for 2 weeks straight, dumped 1 canoe and gear, lost all the beer on day 4 , wanted to kill my smelly tentmate by day 7 , shot a bear and had it fall in river and had to fish it out......dam those were the days hahahaha...but hey I would do it all over again if I had the right company :D

Salty
03-09-2004, 04:38 PM
The only thing I'd add is a fifth wheel trailer to pack it all. :wink:

Oh ya, and Yukon Jack. A case.

Salty

Steeleco
03-09-2004, 05:07 PM
I was thinking the if this trip was a water bourn trip you'd need a BARGE not a canoe. Was the newspaper on the list for keeping up on not so current affairs of for the dirty dead when the Charmin ran out???????????? I think I'll keep to the 5 day pack.

MADTRAPPER
03-09-2004, 08:18 PM
THINGS YOU MIGHT WANT TO BRING ON A HUNTING & FISHING TRIP

Hey, it's only about what you'd want to bring on a long trip. I know you fellows don't own a semi... :lol: I was hoped that you'd have something to add to the list on what you might bring.. :wink:

Archive
03-10-2004, 12:49 AM
All you need is your friend, fire.

bone-collector
03-10-2004, 09:15 AM
All you need is your friend, fire.

yea so the bear can cook yer arse instead of eating you raw haha

woodster
03-10-2004, 10:32 AM
I did six weeks last year and will be doing about the same this year and I take most of this stuff, but I think I could get by for six weeks in the bush with only two items.

Water and Carmen Electra

Foxer
03-11-2004, 02:36 PM
WD-40. Don't ask, just do it. :lol:

In the 'medical kit' section, i didn't notice an anti-histimine. Its not AS critical if it's just you or guys you know, but i have run into cases where people suddenly develop terrible histimine reactions to something they encounter in the woods. Perhaps from something they didn't even know they were allergic to. Anti-histimines can be an honest-to-god life saver in such cases.

If hunting- a game bag or two is not a horrible idea, depending on the season. I also like those little zap straps for tying off the intestine near the anus - it's just handier than string.

bone-collector
03-11-2004, 02:39 PM
8O I am personaly going to send that to the ZAP STRAP corporation to be listed under things we never intender our product be used for and things only Warren would come up with 8O :lol: :lol:

Foxer
03-11-2004, 03:03 PM
Hehehe :lol: I'll add them to the long and distiguished list of companies whom have come to associate my name with the phrase "you did WHAT with our product?"

However, in fairness this particular handy tip was taught to my by my dad, who after a few years of lugging his tool box with him in case we needed to fix something decided that he was damn well going to find SOMETHING to use it for...

As a result he's been restricted to bringing only a wrench, a roll of duct tape and a can of WD-40.

Doug
03-11-2004, 04:04 PM
TIE OFF THE INTESTINES?????? 8O

Lordy Foxer, are you making your sausages right there at the kill site or what? Surely you don't mind a few chocolate chips with your tenderloins?

Doug

Foxer
03-11-2004, 04:50 PM
Surely you don't mind a few chocolate chips with your tenderloins?

I most certanly do yew heathen lout yew. :lol:

I like to keep the meat as clean as possible. While there have been a few times i had nothing with me and i didn't worry about it, given a chance i'll tie it off right after i cut the anus out. That way i don't have to worry about anything leaking into the gut cavity. Those little mini zap straps are perfect - they take like one second to throw on, and presto, no washing any poop out later.

We all gots our own way of doing things bud :)

Doug
03-11-2004, 05:08 PM
Actually, I cut around the arsehole, quite deeply, until it is completely detached, then pull it inside through the pelvic bone where it joins the rest of the guts. It might leak the odd chocolate chip but rarely do I get a major failure of the containment vessel. 8) No string, no plastic cuffs....

I reckon I have gutted a couple hundred deer, and this works for me. BUT I have seen deers "cleaned" by other guys with the arsehole still intact, with the shitbag still hanging inside the carcass, with the bladder hanging like an over-ripe banana, you name it.......

Doug

MADTRAPPER
03-11-2004, 06:09 PM
WD-40. Don't ask, just do it. :lol:
In the 'medical kit' section, i didn't notice an anti-histimine.
If hunting- a game bag or two is not a horrible idea, depending on the season. I also like those little zap straps for tying off the intestine near the anus - it's just handier than string.

Foxer 8)

anti-histamine is excellent one. (every summer my daughter needs it)
WD-40 is a very good one.
game bags is a good one.
zap straps is good too.

Foxer
03-11-2004, 06:26 PM
Yeah- i do the same as you do, i just tie it off first. Force of habit, it's the way I was taught. You know how it is - you just do it the way you learned :) We used to use bits of string.

I've never seen anyone with guts still hanging on 8O , but hearing some of the stories from the butcher it doesn't surprise me. I know some of the stuff I do is overkill - but geez, the way some people treat their meat is pretty rough!

MADTRAPPER
03-11-2004, 06:35 PM
I did six weeks last year and will be doing about the same this year and I take most of this stuff, but I think I could get by for six weeks in the bush with only two items.

Water and Carmen Electra

So your saying you could get by with water and Carman for 6 weeks. LMAO :lol:

Let me know where in the bush where the two of you are headed. I'll come look for your body after a week. :lol: :lol: :lol: :wink:

I think you should pack your stuff and buy yourself a Play Boy mag. with Carman's spread in it. :wink:

Amphibious
03-11-2004, 07:14 PM
A pair of Condoms. Unlubricated.

These fit into any survival kit and are excellent additions

each will:

Hold 2lt of water.
keep tinder/matches dry (fire = life)
sterile waterproofing for hand/foot trama (cover dressings)
Much Much more.

was lucky enough to do my "Wilderness Survival" merit badge as a youth at camp ( Ft. A.P. Hill, Virginia) taught by 2 SEALS and 2 USMC Recon. came highly recomended by all 4 of them.

Foxer
03-12-2004, 01:18 AM
good thought.

Doug
03-12-2004, 08:19 AM
Sure. I am going to put a pair of condoms in my pack, and you can GUARANTEE that they would fall out at an inappropriate time. Explaining to my wife that I have condoms in my HUNTING pack would be only slightly more difficult than explaining to The Israelis that Palestinian suicide bombers are just kind of misguided youth.......

Doug

bone-collector
03-12-2004, 09:08 AM
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

SniperGirly
03-12-2004, 09:32 AM
A pair of Condoms. Unlubricated.

Hey! I thought our Camping Trip experiences were supposed to be a SECRET!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Carolynne

Amphibious
03-12-2004, 09:43 AM
Can't be one of OUR trips babe, it's only TWO 8O

Doug
03-12-2004, 10:26 AM
Definitely TMI...........

But the images!!!! 8O Ahem, does anyone have a tissue? :oops:

Doug

bone-collector
03-12-2004, 10:31 AM
willer , your making it awfull hard to wanna take you to guide camp , I think you have the wrong impresion of keeping the clients happy 8O

Amphibious
03-12-2004, 10:34 AM
wrong impresion of keeping the clients happy

But just think of the tips! 8O

[/code]

Doug
03-12-2004, 10:38 AM
Yes, that's what the leper said to the prostitute. "You can keep the tip." :?

Doug

bullcoon
03-12-2004, 02:41 PM
l guess you could use them for sausage casings doug?but remember what the two *****s were having for dinner was rump roast bone in.okay l dont think l really want to go on this trip.sounds like deliverance haha

Doug
03-12-2004, 02:46 PM
Were they the two Irish *****s, Gerald Fitzpatrick and Patrick Fitzgerald?

Doug

bone-collector
03-12-2004, 02:48 PM
the whole lot of yea needs therapy 8O , take Warren to so he can baffle the therapist

Doug
03-12-2004, 02:53 PM
THERE is the pot calling the kettle black! This from the guy that posts the joke about the bear sodomizing the hunter....... 8O

Doug

Foxer
03-12-2004, 02:58 PM
take Warren to so he can baffle the therapist

Ah yes - always fun :) although most of them dont' call it 'baffle'. What was the phrase they used? Ohhh yes - "provide adequate justification for the use of extreme violence in therapy treatments..."

bone-collector
03-12-2004, 03:05 PM
ok well a bear raping foxer is still better than willer in your tent with a pocket full of condoms 8O , I ll take my chances with the bear :!:

Foxer
03-12-2004, 03:11 PM
I see what you mean bone, but just out of curiousity, was there any sort of 3rd choice available? 8O :lol: :lol:

Foxer
03-12-2004, 03:12 PM
hey bone - i just noticed, you're pretty close to your thousandth' post! That's pretty darn good!

bone-collector
03-12-2004, 03:25 PM
yes there is a 3rd option Warren haha, my trailer locked in behind 2 o/u 12 guages and a 500NE setguns at the door and a tripwire 30 feet around outside of it with homemade claymores to make dam sure these other guys stay away ...I may even bring the bear into the trailer to keep him safe from the trojan man :lol: (cruelty to animals is wrong) :lol:

todbartell
03-12-2004, 04:01 PM
ok well a bear raping foxer is still better than willer in your tent with a pocket full of condoms
http://www.ls2.com/forums/images/smilies/fcad0cab.gif

Foxer
03-12-2004, 04:09 PM
No dice firebird - i'm going with option three! 8O

Marc
03-12-2004, 04:12 PM
I hope the boys on the island dont camp like the boys from the mainland. I'm not drinking nothing out of a condom 8O .

bone-collector
03-12-2004, 05:07 PM
hahaha thats a ontario thing , willer lived there for a while and must of picked up some bad habbits cause I never heard of it out here before 8O :lol:

MADTRAPPER
03-12-2004, 05:17 PM
TOD wants pictures...LMAO :lol: :lol: :lol:

http://www.hunt101.com/img/116563.JPG

MADTRAPPER
03-12-2004, 05:21 PM
What might happen to you in bear country..so make sure you bring condoms...LMAO :lol: :lol: :lol:

http://www.hunt101.com/img/116540.jpg

MADTRAPPER
03-12-2004, 05:27 PM
Always share your condoms with the bears...LMAO :lol: :lol: :lol:

http://www.hunt101.com/img/108062.jpg

MADTRAPPER
03-12-2004, 05:30 PM
Every Canadian should own one and take it on their trips with them to the wilderness.... :lol: :lol: :lol:

http://www.hunt101.com/img/116556.jpg

Seabass
03-12-2004, 05:47 PM
sick ****s :) .....ahh those are beauty pics! I don't know about bringing condoms but maybee a couple of smut magizenes!!! Now to add to the list I'd have to say I'd take my dog, best friend bar none.
What the hell, I'll add an old joke too! guy1 says to guy2 "hey man, if you went camping and got all drunk and passed out and when you woke up in the morning your ass was red and burning would you tell anyone?" guy2 looking a little imbarest, "well uh, probally not, why?" guy1 with a smile on his face" oh no reason, wanna go camping?"

SniperGirly
03-12-2004, 09:33 PM
AHHHHH! My virgin EYES!!!! 8O 8O 8O Mad-Trapper I am shocked and appalled!!! :wink: :wink: :wink:

Carolynne

Just joking

bone-collector
03-12-2004, 10:15 PM
AHHHHH! My virgin EYES!!!! 8O 8O 8O Mad-Trapper I am shocked and appalled!!! :wink: :wink: :wink:

Carolynne

Just joking

virgin eyes ?? yea and I am the pope 8O :!: :lol: :lol:

MADTRAPPER
03-12-2004, 10:55 PM

Carolynne

Just joking

I see you got at least good taste when it comes to drinking.

http://www.bacardi.com/images/drink/drink_products_blanca.jpg

MADTRAPPER
03-12-2004, 11:15 PM
I am the pope 8O :!: :lol: :lol:

I can really see the resemblance between the two of you.

http://huntingbc.ca/albums/album05/2003_42_inch_moose.jpghttp://homepages.paradise.net.nz/mischedj/rovers/pope.jpg

If it wasn't for your "virgin ears" & SniperGirly's "virgin eyes" I'd let the two of you hear my confessions, but I don't think either of you could handle it. :lol: :lol: :lol:

bone-collector
03-13-2004, 09:39 AM
HEY if he had a dead critter in his hands and blood all over we would be twins !

Amphibious
03-13-2004, 04:58 PM
http://www.ebaumsworld.com/forumfun/misc7.jpg

bone-collector
03-13-2004, 05:00 PM
you finaly got busted eh willer :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

lip_ripper00
11-15-2004, 09:49 PM
duct tape, bailing wire, LIME

friendlyfisher
11-17-2004, 10:49 AM
wow i would need a bigger truck and a heck of a trailer to pack my whole house like that!!!!!!!

Gateholio
11-18-2004, 08:52 PM
You know, several pages ago Foxer mentioned antihistamines..

Good idea.

I'm not allergic to anything, but a few years ago, while walking the trail between my place and my neighbors, I flushed a grouse, and went after it with Mr. 20 Guage..

I flushed another, shot it, flushed the original one, shot it, and went to pick them up..And I stepped right into a ground wasp nest. Iwas stung 3-4 times. (I was wearing shorts and they got my legs.)

I walked over to my neighbors and I started to feel REALLY weird..Luckily, he had some prescription antihistamines and I ate 2...Still had to get the GF to drive down and pick me up. I was too wozzy to make the 500 yard walk...

Foxer
11-19-2004, 01:26 AM
walked over to my neighbors and I started to feel REALLY weird..Luckily, he had some prescription antihistamines and I ate 2..

I've seen a few freaky situations where antihistimine was a real life saver. Including one case where a kid who'd never displayed allergies before ballooned up to the point where breathing was a concern - we never found out what he was allergic to, but i was told that there are some types of tree sap or pollen that people can have those reactions to under some conditions, but not others. Wasps and bees are another example - you just never know. but if you need 'em, you probably really really need 'em.

3kills
11-19-2004, 08:46 AM
yeah bees arent good for me either..very allergic to them...but antihistamines work great for me probably saved me a couple time when i was stung...