PDA

View Full Version : Camo help

CanAm500
02-11-2006, 02:37 PM
I bought a camo hunting jacket not to long ago, and now I am looking for pants. But the problem is I dont know what type of camo it is.

It has green and brown leaves with branches/trees in the background.

It is not mossy oak. Please help, I would hate to go out and buy a whole new set.

BCHoyt
02-11-2006, 03:00 PM
Sounds close to my advantage timber.. but would have to hold them side to side to be sure.. or post a picture of it on here..

Ozone
02-11-2006, 03:08 PM
Is camo a fashion statement? I dont think the animals care. I have 2 jackets and 2 pairs of pants all different. Look along the seems and coller carefully, if it a big brand it will say.

CanAm500
02-11-2006, 03:42 PM
I was thinking advantage timber aswell, ill try and get a picture up.

Ozone - I know, but it would be good to have a set as close as possible to the same pattern.

CanAm500
02-11-2006, 05:20 PM
The pattern that i have is Advantage timber, now to get some pants. :cool:

Thanks all for your help.

BCHoyt
02-11-2006, 09:05 PM
I got my advantage timber jacket and pants on ebay for under 100 bucks shipped...

huntwriter
02-11-2006, 09:07 PM
If you wear a fashion camouflage like Realtree (Antvantage) and Mossy Oak, you are actually better of to wear two slightly different patterns, one on top the other bottom. Fashion Camouflage tends to be much to dark animals actually can see you as big black blob sitting or walking. You can counteract that fact by using different patterns.
Of course it would be best to buy a camo pattern designed to fool an animals vision and not one designed for hunter appeal.;-)

CanAm500
02-12-2006, 09:33 AM
Im going to order some pants from wholesale sports, dad needs a pair aswell. We are going to order either hardwoods or advantage timber.

Johnnybear
02-13-2006, 06:52 PM
Johnston hardware has a bunch of camo on there closing blowout sale. You might want to check them out. Mad dog and Thermoking mostly. Some of it was Advantage timber if I recall.

boxhitch
02-13-2006, 08:50 PM
Of course it would be best to buy a camo pattern designed to fool an animals vision and not one designed for hunter appeal
I agree. Besides, the Advantage and Hardwoods forests of BC have long gone extinct, so does pattern really matter ??

CanAm500
02-15-2006, 09:18 PM
Johnston hardware has a bunch of camo on there closing blowout sale. You might want to check them out. Mad dog and Thermoking mostly. Some of it was Advantage timber if I recall.

I think we are going to order it from either Cabela's or Wholesale sports. There is a hat i want from Cabela's :cool:

qwerty
02-26-2006, 01:27 PM
i'd suggest going back to the store with the jacket (if the store is still open) and hold it up to different pairs of camo pants to try and find a match.

but if you bought it off the internet then maybe you could try and look it up.

kishman
03-22-2006, 02:46 PM
I just got a 3-d "leafy" suit from asat camo pretty cool stuff, had some buddies try to find me in the bush yesterday, I walked about100-125 yards away and sat on top of a stump with my back to a tree and they both walked within spitting distance without seeing me:biggrin:
http://www.asatcamo.com/

CanAm500
03-22-2006, 02:49 PM
I just got a 3-d "leafy" suit from asat camo pretty cool stuff, had some buddies try to find me in the bush yesterday, I walked about100-125 yards away and sat on top of a stump with my back to a tree and they both walked within spitting distance without seeing me:biggrin:

Yeah I looked at that stuff, pretty cool.:D

huntwriter
03-22-2006, 03:00 PM
That's the story I hear from everybody who purchased ASAT. This camo has convinced me many years ago and I am staying faitful to it for the reasons you just mentioned.:D

Hunter4life
03-22-2006, 03:29 PM

Is the 3d suit material quiet when you move around??

kishman
03-22-2006, 03:32 PM
Yes, to my surprise even "out of the box" its very quiet. The fella who sold it to me told me that if I run it through the washer (no soap) and hang to dry a couple of times and it will soften up even more.

huntwriter
03-22-2006, 04:03 PM
Hunter4life,kishman is right. The material is very quiet. JimBarnhart, the inventor of ASAT is a bowhunter and so are all the staff at ASAT. The reason he came out with ASAT is because he was sick and tired of the common available camouflage which had a pattern that was to dark for close range and is made of material that was to noisy.

All ASAT camouflage garments are quit right out of the box and improve even more with washing and age like kishman said.

kishman
03-22-2006, 04:14 PM
Is the 3d suit material quiet when you move around??

Hunter I see your in Abby. as well, if you'd like to come have a look at this stuff sometime PM me and we can set something up.....