PDA

View Full Version : Illumi-nock

BlacktailStalker
02-06-2006, 07:58 PM
Anybody use these ?
Just got DishNet satellite and of course I put it on the 24hr hunting/fishing channel immediately and the first thing I saw was a bow kill about 20 minutes before sunset and wow do those light up well,even in full light. It was a red nock. Would help see arrow flight before impact as well I'd imagine.
I probably wont leave the couch with these 2 channels until hunting starts again this year!!

Fred
02-06-2006, 11:25 PM
We discussed these things at some length at BOOC where the consensus was "expensive gimmick". Interesting idea though, Tracers for Archery! :wink: Fred

huntwriter
02-07-2006, 09:59 AM
I saw such nocks a few years back and then they went away again. It seems someone improved tracer nocks and brings them back on the market. I make my own tracers by spraying them with florescent paint. Works great.;-)

Jetboater
02-07-2006, 11:47 AM
I have used them for practice a little in the evenings, I did not like them and ended up tossing them out, they really distracted your follow through after the shot, it is bad enough you want to see where your arrow hits in the beginning but they really throw off your sight, Unless you are an extremely disciplined archer it is hard to make a solid shot with them. It only takes an extra minute to find blood after the shot any ways, so make a solid follow through without the tracers and you should be fine.