1 clean duck
2 place duck on paper plate
3 age duck in refridgerator
4 remove duck
5 throw duck in nearest trash receptical
6 eat paper plate

Ddog
02-06-2006, 10:50 PM
so funny...actually i used to think like that..loved to shoot em hated to eat em..but family ,friends and the retriever loved em..until...
my friend said to breast them out..pound down the meat so its real thin..marinate them in your favorite meat marinade take em out aftr a day pat the dry roll em in a beaten egg or two and then bread crumbs and fry em in olive oil!...WOW!!! . i LOVE TO EAT DUCK NOW!

craigchaplin
02-06-2006, 11:15 PM
True that! At least i used to think so too. Its not bad in fajitas cut it up real thin and marinade and spice the hell outta it! But actually a buddy of mine saved the breasts fer a season and took it in to the butcher. Made a big salami outta it. Great fer sandwiches and such. I think the butcher puts spices and stuff in there not sure but tastes great like that. its the only way i eat it now.

Thunderstix
02-07-2006, 03:07 PM
Er, that is actually a carbou recipe.

NEEHAMA
02-07-2006, 05:07 PM
pepperoni.

Dale
02-07-2006, 07:59 PM
I breast my birds and then cut them into small cubes and use in chilli as an extra to the ground meat. Damn good. Second thing I do is make jerky out of them. That's pretty good too.

303Brit
10-12-2009, 11:39 AM
1 clean duck
2 place duck on paper plate
3 age duck in refridgerator
4 remove duck
5 throw duck in nearest trash receptical
6 eat paper plate

Sounds like a goose recipe i heard about,
1 Shoot goose
2 spend and hour plucking and cleaning
3 get a nice sized rock
4 place rock and bird in pan
5 cook in oven
6 remove from oven throw out bird and eat rock

Friend of mine told that, I don't mind the taste of duck or goose when not over cooked

Chuck
10-12-2009, 12:14 PM
Those, or variations, have been around for years. Everything from pigeon to sandhill crane and even coyote. Being funny, they are almost true - depending on the game taken. Alcohol sometimes also helps - taken in sufficient quantity. LOL.