PDA

View Full Version : funny mouse story

Iron-Head
02-04-2006, 11:12 PM
Ok so not even 10 mins ago im sittin here on the computer reading threads on HBC when i start hearing a scratching sound so i very quitly sneak up on whatever was making the sound and i see its a little mouse chewing a hole in my wall so i run into my room and unpack my little pellet pistol load up a wad cutter pellet and come back and wait for the little bugger.Not 5 minutes later sure enoughh he comes roaring around the corner and stops dead in its tracks when he see the big dark shape in the corner,wich gave me just enough time to put the sights on him............PLINK and hes done for.....head shot at 10 paces.But dont worry my computer is in a unfinished basement with cement floors and unprimed drywall,so it was fine.
This is what i call off season hunting:wink: .
Symon

lip_ripper00
02-04-2006, 11:19 PM
Symon

we hope you have your NEW hunting licence:biggrin:

Kirby
02-04-2006, 11:21 PM
we hope you have your NEW hunting licence:biggrin:

Don't need a new license till April1, but did he have a tag?:lol:

Kirby

Iron-Head
02-04-2006, 11:24 PM
even if i didnt have a license i wouldnt need to have one cuz it was being detrimental to my property and is listed as a pest:biggrin:.
Im kinda hopin theres more of em.......its good practise with my pistol.:tongue:

3kills
02-04-2006, 11:38 PM
we need a best defence for mice thread going now...

Iron-Head
02-04-2006, 11:42 PM
Just gimme a call and ill come down with my pellet pistol:biggrin:.

johnes50
02-05-2006, 12:32 AM
Ya takes your hunting where you can get it. A head shot on a mouse is pretty good shooting I think.

Another mouse story. My first day on a survey crew for the Gov. of Ont. the crew chief was walking through the field showing us bunch of rookies where we'd be working. He started jumping up and down, arms and legs flying like a wildman. He started pulling his shirt up and his pants down. We didn't know what to make of it. He stopped and yelled, "I got him", and was holding something. He turned around and he had a mouse in a death grip with it's head sticking out of his opened zipper. He turned bright red and we all bust out laughing. His first name was Richard. His nickname became "Mouse Dick".

cowboy-up69
02-05-2006, 02:45 AM
Haha thats a neat story...I used to do that when I was a youngen ( well actually I still am :P ) and it was fun stuff...My dad use to care-take a fishing camp/summer camp here all year ruound, and rats and stuff would be in the sheds stirring up sh** and I'd go in with the ol' semi auto .22 and blow them to rat sh**, it was fun stuff, thats all I did to pass the time pretty much ahha, it was awesome!

marcus44
02-05-2006, 05:15 AM
Ugh I really gotta get my eyes checked... I thought that said funny "Moose" story instead of "Mouse". Getting my bullwinkles and mickey mixed up.

CanuckShooter
02-05-2006, 06:53 AM
Ok so not even 10 mins ago im sittin here on the computer reading threads on HBC when i start hearing a scratching sound so i very quitly sneak up on whatever was making the sound and i see its a little mouse chewing a hole in my wall so i run into my room and unpack my little pellet pistol load up a wad cutter pellet and come back and wait for the little bugger.Not 5 minutes later sure enoughh he comes roaring around the corner and stops dead in its tracks when he see the big dark shape in the corner,wich gave me just enough time to put the sights on him............PLINK and hes done for.....head shot at 10 paces.But dont worry my computer is in a unfinished basement with cement floors and unprimed drywall,so it was fine.
Symon

So now what...put 'em on the barbee or make some sausage??:biggrin:

Gus
02-05-2006, 08:45 AM
So Symon, what do ya figuire he dressed? What was the green score on the skull? Think he'll go Boone and Crockett er what?

Walksalot
02-05-2006, 09:11 AM
I have a question about your weapon of choice. If it was a .22 pellet then you were fine but if it was a .177 you were seriously under gunned.
Gutsy move taking a headshot, most would have went behind the front shoulder or even taked out both shoulders as a wounded Apodemus sylvaticus can be a force to be reckoned with.
That being said, well done.

bsa30-06
02-05-2006, 09:20 AM
I guess that rules out getting it head mounted.!!!!
Marcuss44, please dont try shooting any moose with a pellet pistol, probably not the recomended weapon of choice, but feel free to shoot all the mice you can find.

mark
02-05-2006, 09:31 AM
i would of bowed him myself, easier to make the pope and young books!

Barracuda
02-05-2006, 09:59 AM
this little thief was taken off of my trapline i had set up in the house . Thats the last bit of cheese he tried to steal:D

Iron-Head
02-05-2006, 02:19 PM
Well i was feeling quite scared when the huge nontypical mousezilla came roaring around the corner of the mini fridge,I thought to my self i only have one little 177. cal pellet and im a MERE 10 feet away,I better make it a good shot and just as he was about to pounce.....I squeezed off a round and the beast was no more.Or somthing like that:confused:
Symon.

marcus44
02-05-2006, 03:47 PM
I guess that rules out getting it head mounted.!!!!
Marcuss44, please dont try shooting any moose with a pellet pistol, probably not the recomended weapon of choice, but feel free to shoot all the mice you can find.

Thanks for the tip... I will try to keep that in mind.... I guess thats what working all night does to ya.... makes ya go kinda buggy... I guess kinda of how Symon felt with mousezilla stalking him... I think we should all get a "care package" set up for Symon so he won't be scared any more or undergunned. :biggrin:

Iron-Head
02-05-2006, 11:55 PM
Well just now i heard the scrathing noise again and i looked and saw a another mousey so i ran into my room and loaded up my 177. cal pellet rilfe and came back and waited...........after about 5 minutes sure enough it cam around the same corner as his departed friend did,but never noticed me giving me all the time in the world to place the x hairs right in between the eyes at about 10' away..............PLINK and another bites the dust.
I could really get used to having these lil buggers around they sure do make fun target practise.:cool:
Symon

Fred
02-06-2006, 02:05 AM
Now a really clever fellow might use the dead mice for bait and take on the highly dangerous ferel lap lynx, the porch panther or a curb cougar! :biggrin: Best to have a DGR rifle for those though. I remember seeing on for sale on here. :wink: Fred

REDGREEN
02-06-2006, 03:54 AM
Do you marinade them, or are they fine the way that thay are?:lol:

Walksalot
02-06-2006, 06:12 AM
On the serious side, you should watch how you handle the mice as they can carry Hanta Virus.

Iron-Head
02-06-2006, 09:31 AM
Both mice where picked up with tiolet paper and then disposed of in the brambles beside my house.

Elkhound
02-06-2006, 12:40 PM
Symon, Symon,Symon........no hunting with a pistol. How you going to challenge that exam when you don't know that:biggrin: Does your mom know you shoot in the house?:tongue:

Hahaha, kill em all Symon, I hate the little *******s

Iron-Head
02-06-2006, 02:02 PM
LoL she was quite pleased to see the to mice DEAD because they have been working on chewing my entire wall...

farside
02-06-2006, 10:31 PM
Poor Man's Prawns

Gut and skin mice
Rinse under cool water
Remove legs at elbow
Toss in a bowl with - olive oil, garlic, squirt of lemon, and a dash of curry powder

Stir once every 15 minutes for 1 hr

Pre-heat BBQ

Skewer mice and grill over high heat 3 minutes per side

just kidding

marcus44
02-06-2006, 11:18 PM
Poor Man's Prawns

Gut and skin mice
Rinse under cool water
Remove legs at elbow
Toss in a bowl with - olive oil, garlic, squirt of lemon, and a dash of curry powder

Stir once every 15 minutes for 1 hr

Pre-heat BBQ

Skewer mice and grill over high heat 3 minutes per side

just kidding

MMMMMMM sounds tasty to me!!!